Quantcast

2006 Mavic Deemax

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
Anyone have any info on these? Is anything changed? Are they super strong or are they still the weak ones? I'm thinking about going tubeless and deemax's look sick.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The 02 Dee maxxes were the strongest wheels made. They were the 321s or the 729s of today. The 03, 04, and 05s were all strong wheels but the 02s were the best.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i would be able to tell you some info, but the people that i ordered them form have some problem. I am guessing they are on back order, because i have bee waiting 10+ weeks to get them

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Kanter said:
The 02 Dee maxxes were the strongest wheels made. They were the 321s or the 729s of today. The 03, 04, and 05s were all strong wheels but the 02s were the best.
i dont think they are the strongest wheels made but they are strong

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
hell yeah. you coming just for the weekend? We rode cold springs and then knapps 3 times today and romero once and knapps twice yesterday. The dirt is perfect right now.

getting c money out for a ride is like pulling teeth these days, he just chills at the house and bbq's everyday it seems like. Adrian actually rode with us yesterday, it was super fun.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
punkassean said:
hell yeah. you coming just for the weekend? We rode cold springs and then knapps 3 times today and romero once and knapps twice yesterday. The dirt is perfect right now.

getting c money out for a ride is like pulling teeth these days, he just chills at the house and bbq's everyday it seems like. Adrian actually rode with us yesterday, it was super fun.
Yeah, Knapps conditions were perfect today.

The only bad thing was the extremely large amount of hikers...I saw more people on that trail today than I have all year. You notice that?

And on the topic of the thread, deemax's rule. I ride 823's (same rim just different drilling and color) and wouldn't trade them for anything.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
There were quite a few on knapps, much more than normal. when were you out there? In the morning on cold springs we ran into over 50 HIKERS in one run! First there was a group of, I kid you not 26 people. and then we ran into another group of 11. we passed various onesy-twosies and then near the bottom another large group of about 10 and then some more randoms before we finished. What's the deal? I wonder why there were so damn many people out today?! weird....

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
punkassean said:
There were quite a few on knapps, much more than normal. when were you out there? In the morning on cold springs we ran into over 50 HIKERS in one run! First there was a group of, I kid you not 26 people. and then we ran into another group of 11. we passed various onesy-twosies and then near the bottom another large group of about 10 and then some more randoms before we finished. What's the deal? I wonder why there were so damn many people out today?! weird....
Yeah, Cold Springs gets a lot of hiker traffic. That's why I've been shying away from lately....I think hikers should wear bells or something:mumble:

We were up there at around 12 and did two runs. We even ran into 2 equestrains which was weird.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
great horses:( ..no ill be down from sun thru sat but i think cmoney and i have quite a bit of moto planed..hopefully there will be sometime for some runs..dh bike goes on ebay when i get back so hopefully it will be its fairwell ride..ill give you a call

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
cool, I want to go out and ride c$'s crf 110 (or 150 or whatever it is) some time with you guys since I have only ridden a dirt bike once before a long time ago. I think that bike would be pretty good for me to get the hang of riding on.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
punkassean said:
cool, I want to go out and ride c$'s crf 110 (or 150 or whatever it is) some time with you guys since I have only ridden a dirt bike once before a long time ago. I think that bike would be pretty good for me to get the hang of riding on.

for sure..let hit up divided peak on tues...

gregminar

Chimp
Nov 13, 2005
yea there pretty sick, i have dem on my cool new bike with my gear box on it, thats my racing bike, its cool, i guess, i dont really use it for much else but racing, i have my other bike, but, im not really alowed to tell u guys what it is.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
whats the point of saying you have another bike but refusing to say what it is, I would suspect you don't actualy have another bike. that being said the atom-lab trail pimp is the strongest rim ever made and the 150mm hub is the only change to the '06 deemax, and they came out with a crappy version called the deetrax

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
well i didn't say i needed the strongest rim made because i don't want the heaviest rim made either. I just want to go tubeless and have a strong wheelset so I can lose a lot of rotational weight so I can maneuver my bike easier.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
maxyedor said:
whats the point of saying you have another bike but refusing to say what it is, I would suspect you don't actualy have another bike. that being said the atom-lab trail pimp is the strongest rim ever made and the 150mm hub is the only change to the '06 deemax, and they came out with a crappy version called the deetrax
trail pimps are not only NOT the strongest but they are also some of the worst made and HEAVIEST rims on the planet. If you really want beefcake rims look at the Cortina or Arrow rims, if you want racer rims get Mavic and nothing else IMO.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
gregminar said:
yea there pretty sick, i have dem on my cool new bike with my gear box on it, thats my racing bike, its cool, i guess, i dont really use it for much else but racing, i have my other bike, but, im not really alowed to tell u guys what it is.
You are such a loser. If you were really Greg Minaar you would be able to spell your own name right. :rolleyes:

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
my teammate had some trouble with his '04 deemax wheelset - the rim was cracking by the nipple area, not sure if that was just a lemon or not. Don't know much about the '06 though - you could try calling up mavic and find out which rim they are using

-Mike T.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Zach, they DO NOT have 32 spokes for the umpteenth time! The rear 150mm Deemax has 32 spokes but the regular 135mm's have 28 spokes both fornt and rear.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yes i know that is what i was trying to say sorry i forgot that they were the 150mm deemax sorry, hey talk to that guy about buying my shock