Quantcast

2006 Mavic DeeTrak

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Anyone else see these? Retail is somehting like $360 for the set. Appears to be the same hub as a DeeMax, but 32 hole. I don't know the rim it comes with but its the same profile as a 321 (or 729?/whatever it is now) but pinned and with singel eyelets. Seems like a bargain when you consider that the hubs will work with any rim.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
If it were the EX729 they'd have a winner! Just like the "old" yellow Deemax's. But for the EX325's or whatever that's one of their lower line rims with their higher end hubs.

irishMonkey

Chimp
Jun 17, 2005
Los Olivos
[mtnbrider]
Is it true that it has a life time warranty? I heard that somewhere.

I have an ex 325 in the back of my hardtail- its not looking so good- bent/wobbly/loose spokes. It's soft and it's pinned. Its also heavier than an ex729.

Maybe I will replace it with a 729 later.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
The warranty is more of an insurance policy. You may a one-time premium of 8% of retail and get a 2-year no-fault warranty in return.

Fortunately, the rim is not tubeless. Un fortunatelt it is only a single-eyelet. The good news is that if you blow up a rim you can replace it with anything you want. Your not stuck with the 28h DeeMax rim.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
EX 325 rims suck. They're really really soft. Mine are so buttery, even compared to cheap rims like Ryno Lites and low level Alex Rims.