Quantcast

2006 Mavic Site up...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
sleepinggiant said:
It looks like the Deemax have competition from DT Swiss
If by competition you mean rims made of cheese (swiss, I believe), then yes.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
hmm the specs say one thing but the icons say another. The rim has normal eyelets and drilling (you can even see the spoke holes), the rim is pinned, made from 6106 Al, 32 hole, the profile looks pretty slim and is heavier. Maybe the rim isnt UST, or it has the UST side walls and will use a spoke strip like the Sun's?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yes, looking at the close ups on the site the do look non-ust. Isn't it also a mistake it says they are Maxtal. So no new DH UST offerings from Mavic. I any other companies with UST rims at Interbike?

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
sleepinggiant said:
It looks like the Deemax have competition from DT Swiss
yeah so far the 6.1fr's seem to have a good rep. Good selection too, two front wheel options (qr/20mm), and 4 rear wheel options (10mm qr and thrue-axle, 12mm thrue axle 135mm or 150mm width). Best of all, the webpage says they weight an amazing zero grams!!!

hellonasty

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
MSA
What about the rim only version of the Deemax???
I've looked through the site and didn't find info on these babies...

BTW, The Deetraks only are EX325 rims laced to the Deemax's hub, so no they are not UST, they are pinned and they were made to spec complete Mavic wheelset on lower end bikes, like the return of the Crossland and the Crossride for the XC range.

Most outrageous thing IMO, is the ''new'' color of the Crossmax XL's, silver/grey, instead of black. Damn, the black XL's where so nice looking...

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
hellonasty said:
just like last year its the 823s, although the Deemax have the smaller Fore drilling (like the Krysium wheels) and of course 28 spokes.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
hellonasty said:

BTW, The Deetraks only are EX325 rims laced to the Deemax's hub, so no they are not UST, they are pinned and they were made to spec complete Mavic wheelset on lower end bikes, like the return of the Crossland and the Crossride for the XC range.

Most outrageous thing IMO, is the ''new'' color of the Crossmax XL's, silver/grey, instead of black. Damn, the black XL's where so nice looking...
The close up pic of the XL's is a mistake. They are still black as far as the ones I saw at the show. Also the Deetraks are for sure not UST and yes they are the 325 rim laced to Deemax hubs. Considering the price tag of only $349 I think they are sick. Especially since you can run a Saint axle if you want and intechage from QR to 20mm up front.

I reported all of this and the 150x12mm Deemax way back in early april.