Sept
1,2,3---------Keystone MSC/Master's World Championships
8,9,10-------Mayhem at Snowshoe
15,16,17----IH DH Series at Mt. Snow #4
22,23,24----Diablo #4
29,30,1-----Open

October
6,7,8--------Diablo #5

This are the dates I know of now. As I get more (i.e. Diablo Domination dates and Massanutten, etc) I'll fill them in.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Looks like a lot of racing for 2006. Most of it far away. We need to try to get some of the old South East races back. Anyone have any update on Beach Mt. NC, Wolf NC, Appalachian NC, and Sky Valley GA? Is this even worth looking into anymore? I would like to help if anyone else is, but I will not have the time to head it up or get as involved like the old days. I have way to much going on in my life now. Let me know.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
FCLinder said:
Mike, I am going to be up your way New Years. Are you going to be doing any riding? How is the 4x course at Hobby Park now?
I haven't been to Hobby Park since the last DS race, a few months ago. It was good then. Where exactly are you coming to up here? Anywhere near Greensboro and you need to hit Country Park. The main line there is great to practice for 4X with some tight berms and technical lines. Very fun stuff. See the thread about it.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Profro:

Since I "ain't from around there" could you explain what the ETSU is?

Anyone have dates on Diablo?

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
And remember the ETSU weekends are going to be group timed fun days. No fees, but should be plenty of action. The dual's will be set up with moto's so everyone will qualify on the clock and then random motos. No absolute winners unless you want to challenge someone. Just come prepared to have fun with no fees and no high expectations.

Anyone that needs to camp can camp in my yard. Less than .5 mile from the courses

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
ztlh13 said:
And remember the ETSU weekends are going to be group timed fun days. No fees, but should be plenty of action. The dual's will be set up with moto's so everyone will qualify on the clock and then random motos. No absolute winners unless you want to challenge someone. Just come prepared to have fun with no fees and no high expectations.

Anyone that needs to camp can camp in my yard. Less than .5 mile from the courses
Hey T, why not forgo the qualifing times and go on random or even educated seeding. If you run motos then it seems like it will make things move faster and much easier without having to break out the timing equipment. Maybe you're trying to practice qualifing runs as well????

However you should have a big bike moto. :oink:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Courtesy of Sandy White:

THROW OUT THE OLD THIS IS THE NEW AND IF YOU PASSED IT OUT TELL THEM THE SAME

THERE ARE SOME DATES MOVED

COUNT 10 OUT OF 12 RACES IN 2006 CCC

(last updated 12/6/2005)

2006 Cane Creek Cup

March 26 Uwharrie Uwharrie Nat. Forest www.sandhillscyclingclub.org XC

April 1/2 Y. U. MTB Youth Unlimited Zack Paben ST/XC 336/861-1413

April 9 SERC#3 AMBC Tsali, Bryson City Gone Riding XC 352/873-9279

April 23 Tiger Rag Clemson Clemson Chamber XC 864/654-1200

April 30 Devils Ridge Sanford Ken Cameron XC 919/776-1767

May 21 Stump Jump AMBC Spartanburg Spartan West XC 864/599-9019

May 27/28 SERC#6 AMBC Fontana Village Gone Riding DH/ST/XC www.goneriding.com 352/873-9279

June 9/11 NMBS# Sugar Mtn. David Johnson DS/DH/XC/ST/Super D www.skisugar.com 828/898-4521 ext202

July 8/9 Dark Mtn. North Wilkesboro http://brushymtncyclists.tripod.com DH/XC

July 30 Sizzler Greensboro www.cyclesdeoro.com XC 336-274-5959

August 20 Riverfront Charlotte Tarheel Trail XC 704/503-0138

October 1 Hobby Winston-Salem Paul’s Cycling DS/XC 336/777-1002

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
profro said:
Hey T, why not forgo the qualifing times and go on random or even educated seeding. If you run motos then it seems like it will make things move faster and much easier without having to break out the timing equipment. Maybe you're trying to practice qualifing runs as well????

However you should have a big bike moto. :oink:
Yeah I was thinking about practicing qualifying, but that doesn't really matter. A big bike class is good to go and I think a few local want a 20" class also.
We will try to do DH timed runs, but whoever shows up will have to help time. It will be like remember your start time and then hit the clock at the bottom for the guy/ gal behind you.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
motomike said:
I haven't been to Hobby Park since the last DS race, a few months ago. It was good then. Where exactly are you coming to up here? Anywhere near Greensboro and you need to hit Country Park. The main line there is great to practice for 4X with some tight berms and technical lines. Very fun stuff. See the thread about it.
I will be up in Ralegh for the weekend of New Years. I will drive to Greensboro for some fun on the bike though. I will let you know closer to that time.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Harper's Bike Shop in Knoxville is working on the Bigfoot 4x/DH training race for sometime in April. More to come later.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
That would be cool. I'm building my Haro Werks DSR for 4x & mountaincross,& Sugar.No more DH for me.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
profro said:
Harper's Bike Shop in Knoxville is working on the Bigfoot 4x/DH training race for sometime in April. More to come later.
Why not try for some "fun" races sooner. Or schedule and publicize a group ride so we have an excuse to go up there. I can't wait until April.:drool:

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
profro said:
Someone asked for this, so here it is:

MAY
5,6,7---------Open
12,13,14-----ETSU #1
19,20,21-----Angelfire MSC/ETSU #2
26,27,28-----US Open

June
2,3,4---------ETSU #3
9,10,11------Sugar National
16,17,18-----Mt. Snow National
23,24,25-----Snowshoe #1/Wildflower Rush MSC

July
30,1,2-------Open
7,8,9--------Dark Mtn./Deer Valley National
14,15,16----Blast the Mass MSC
21,22,23----Snowshoe #2/Mammoth National Championships
28,29,30----Full Tilt at Telluride MSC

Aug
4,5,6--------Brianhead National
11,12,13----Snowmass National
18,19,20----Snowshoe #3
24,25,26----Open

Sept
1,2,3---------Keystone MSC/Master's World Championships
8,9,10-------Mayhem at Snowshoe
15,16,17----Open
22,23,24----Open
29,30,1-----Open

This are the dates I know of now. As I get more (i.e. Diablo Domination dates and Massanutten, etc) I'll fill them in.
Hey Doug, Massanutten is on May 13th. Same schedule of events (practice on Friday and etc...) as years past.

Also if anybody knows the contact for the ETSU races could you pm the info to me. George from Massanutten wants to get up with them so that they can schedule races on different weekends next year. Thanks

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Thanks for the Mass. Info. I'll update the 1st post.

Bigfoot looks like this...

Maybe 2 classes for the 4x. Open and Am. But we will run it just like a NBL BMX race. Mulitple motos. Tally the points to advance. We want to make sure everyone gets as many 4 deep race runs as possible. No one and done and no qualifing. :(

As for DH, we were thinking 2 course format. A single run on each course. Combined lowest times wins. The runs aren't long but we can make sure a big bike is the way to go. :devil:

No shuttle, No prizes, low entry fee (<$10 per each event), and lots of fun.

Peete, we want to run 1 race and see what the interest is before we committ to more. We may run more in the fall as things wind down. But the idea of another group ride sounds great. We look into that later in the spring.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
profro said:
Thanks for the Mass. Info. I'll update the 1st post.

Bigfoot looks like this...

Maybe 2 classes for the 4x. Open and Am. But we will run it just like a NBL BMX race. Mulitple motos. Tally the points to advance. We want to make sure everyone gets as many 4 deep race runs as possible. No one and done and no qualifing. :(

As for DH, we were thinking 2 course format. A single run on each course. Combined lowest times wins. The runs aren't long but we can make sure a big bike is the way to go. :devil:

No shuttle, No prizes, low entry fee (<$10 per each event), and lots of fun.

Peete, we want to run 1 race and see what the interest is before we committ to more. We may run more in the fall as things wind down. But the idea of another group ride sounds great. We look into that later in the spring.

awesome. Have you gotten all the way down to the railroad tracks yet? Should be some good runs through there.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
motomike said:
awesome. Have you gotten all the way down to the railroad tracks yet? Should be some good runs through there.
Yep.

I've got a little more cleaning to do down in the bowl, but it should be a place for excitement. Plus the rest of the rock garden trail is finished all the way down to the bowl and it has some sick lines. I found some gems in there once the undergrowth died back.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
profro said:
Yep.

I found some gems in there once the undergrowth died back.
i know what you're talking about. following terry on an exploratory hike with a leafblower is one of the best parts of trailbuilding this year.

i remember hiking the northface of bigfoot a few years back and feeling "gold" under my feet.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
CHOP said:
Hey Doug, Massanutten is on May 13th. Same schedule of events (practice on Friday and etc...) as years past.

Also if anybody knows the contact for the ETSU races could you pm the info to me. George from Massanutten wants to get up with them so that they can schedule races on different weekends next year. Thanks
I will most likely be at Massanutten (tradition) so the ETSU courses are open for play, but you will have to organize it yourself if you want race runs.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bigdrop05 said:
I found a .45 auto casing near the big rock !No gold yet !
it's there. but where i hiked was west of where i think ya'll's area to develop is located.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
I had alot of fun at etsu on my dh bike. btw how are the trails uop there now i want to go up there for a weekend if someone would pm me details about condition that would b great so i dont clutter this thread.