Quantcast

2006 RockShox HERE! Site Updated!!!

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
The new line looks very nice. Can't wait to check out the new Boxxer wc, sounds promising. I'm a bit sceptic about the reliability on an air dh fork though.. Only time will tell.

Sverre

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Well at least the website doesn't leak oil...;)

I'm actually curious to feel the motion control Boxxers, the Pike's feel better than any previous RS fork, looks promising.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
it too bad that only the WC got lighter. but it is really light. 5.9 lbs. anyways i am looking forward to seeing these forks in real life.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
U turn air Pike means the death of Dual-Air, which is lighter, simpler and more tunable. OH well. I guess I'll just have to pick one up on closeout!

Oh yeah, ugly, uniformative website alert!

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
SuspectDevice said:

ah yea just to prove your point, there will be uturn, uair, and dual air versions of the pikes......

its right there in the website, well hidden though.

D

demo008

if they have already updated the website does that mean that they are out now

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
SuspectDevice said:
U turn air Pike means the death of Dual-Air, which is lighter, simpler and more tunable. OH well. I guess I'll just have to pick one up on closeout!

As far as I can tell the U-turn air forks still have the dual-air adjustments.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
No, U-turn air has a fixed air negative spring that self-adjusts as you change the positive spring volume, ALA TALAS or the Manitou system. Having real compression adjustment takes away some of the need for tuning the negative spring pressure, but dual-air is still proven, reliable technology that is incredibly simple to change travel on, so I'm glad that It looks like there will still be some dual air models out there...
I'm afraid the spring curve is going to be too linear with the U-turn air stuff in Pike, as the U-turn air Reba's I've felt either need more end-stroke compression or a more linear spring...

sk8kid33

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Colorado Springs
I have ridden the 06's my buddy had a test fork a little bit ago the feel great, like a big pike or reba just smooth and quiet. and as for the lack of slippery silver, it'l be back for 07 I rode with ryder kasprick and the other bicycle rockers and they got their protos and ryders got a pike with slippery silver, just prototyes though nothing confirmed.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
****! Sub six pounds DH fork... when can i get one?

Id never think id say this, but that World Cup is tits right thur.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Colombian DHer said:
that WC must be a feather! hope they are resistant as 2004 boxxers cause the lowers of the 05 were made out of plastic!
I thought they were made of the same stuff... Aren't the new ones stiffer?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
ChrisRobin said:
I thought they were made of the same stuff... Aren't the new ones stiffer?

they are stiffer and made of the same material, just a bit more of it in the arch, hence i cant understand why anyone could have more trouble with the new ones than with the old ones, bad luck i guess, down here the numbers certainly dont coincide with my colombian friends observation.