Quantcast

2006 SRAM Road Group

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/8753.0.html

SRAM is introducing a 10-speed road group. Availability is expected to be in the calendar year 2006. It is a full group that will consist of Shift/Brake Levers, Front and Rear Derailleurs, Brakes, Crankset, Bottom Bracket, Cogset & Chain. The components are professional level. They will incorporate cutting edge technologies and materials. They will be race weight. Finished gruppo components will feature elegant and highly durable materials and superior ergonomics.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Whoever wrapped this bar needs to be beaten severely about the head and neck! I'm seeing ZeroG brakes... Is all the shifting done w/ the little paddle?

On a seperate note, have any of you guys seen the work Control Tech is doing on their components... friggin' BEAUTIFUL (and expensive)!

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Pau11y said:
On a seperate note, have any of you guys seen the work Control Tech is doing on their components... friggin' BEAUTIFUL (and expensive)!
Yeah, that CT stuff is cool. Cept for the saddle, makes an SLR look like a couch :dead: Other than that, sweet stuff.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i want to know wtf you guys mean by doesn't look comfy? looks like a mix between a campy and a shimano shifter to me in terms of the body composition.....

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
indieboy said:
i want to know wtf you guys mean by doesn't look comfy? looks like a mix between a campy and a shimano shifter to me in terms of the body composition.....
I personally think it looks flexy ;)

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Sweetness.

Although if SRAM road shifters are to STI what SRAM triggers are to Rapidfire plus, I'll be really disappointed.

My (theoretical) christmas bonus has new road bike written all over it... I wonder if this shiz will be coming out by then.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
ohio said:
Sweetness.

Although if SRAM road shifters are to STI what SRAM triggers are to Rapidfire plus, I'll be really disappointed.

My (theoretical) christmas bonus has new road bike written all over it... I wonder if this shiz will be coming out by then.
Nope the earliest will be April / May next year.

J

JRB

If they don't rattle like every shifter I have had, and like my new 105s, I will buy them. I didn't read. Is it compatible with Shimano derailleurs???

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i got to try the new sram force group out in a bike on a stand at nationals. a mechanic who works at my shop and is a race mechanic for sram clued me in on all of the cool things about the group. the shifting feels really good and is super smooth. its also very easy to get how to shift the bike. i know whats going on my road/cx bike whenever i get it.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Pau11y said:
Any ideas as to costs? Is it in the Dura Ace or the Record ball park?

Looking like more than record, $1800 for the Force Groupo, and $1200 for the Rival. It would be an 8 piece groupo.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I have a full Force equipped Parlee sitting in front of me right now. This new Sram stuff is awesome, Shifts actuation feels like a cross between campy and Sram MTB stuff. None of that super-light action Shimano garbage.

If only I could keep this bike...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
SuspectDevice said:
I have a full Force equipped Parlee sitting in front of me right now. This new Sram stuff is awesome, Shifts actuation feels like a cross between campy and Sram MTB stuff. None of that super-light action Shimano garbage.

If only I could keep this bike...

For what it costs, it better be one sweet shift.

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO
I rode em last week. Pretty different style then what's out there right now. Same sweep to go up/down. They hit shifts pretty good/sharp like Record. As far as looking weak, the rep said its 4th generation and had the flaws worked out.

My shop will have em next month.