Quantcast

2006 Top Stock Bike Picks (Join In)

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
hell yea the sundays are soo sick, too bad that this year IH changed all the other FR 7point bikes to crappy marzocchi forks. Seriously, whats the point of the 1.5 HT if ur not gonna put a fork with one on it. Besides if ur putting a DC on it

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
untitledsince89 said:
Seriously, whats the point of the 1.5 HT if ur not gonna put a fork with one on it. Besides if ur putting a DC on it
This topic has been gone over time and again.

So to reduce headtube ovalization and increase weld surface area for downtube & toptube to headtube.

-ska todd

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
yea i gotvha ther, I have an 05 IH , that used to have, a stance 1.5 which was decent, which is now a slider. I kno the 1.5 ht makes it stronger, but if IH was doing that they might as well at least put a good fork with a 1.5 steerer on it. Because in the case of the lower end Yazukus; with the crappy drop off;s they come spec'ed with, its not going to matter, as much for the frame. but yes i understand your point

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i think the giant is a well put together bike especialy with the 40 andf starting under 5 g's at 4800

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah tha bike is good but i wouldn't say it the best faith, are awsome bikes for the price check it out:

Jay_Reemin

Chimp
Nov 9, 2005
I'd have to still stick with the specialized SX... That bike just looks well built, balanced, and fun for the trail. Granted I don't get to ride ski slopes anymore, so I'm not choosing the DH rigs. I don't know though, can't justify spending over $2500 for a bike... I'm thinking I'm going to have to get another transition, and try out the preston this year. The dirtbag was tight, but I don't need that caliber of a bike for around here...

Check out this BEA uuuuuuutiful rig.. I definently like the black from last year, but that blue or silver's not bad if built up right.

All for under $2500

Attachments

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Jay_Reemin said:
I'd have to still stick with the specialized SX... That bike just looks well built, balanced, and fun for the trail. Granted I don't get to ride ski slopes anymore, so I'm not choosing the DH rigs. I don't know though, can't justify spending over $2500 for a bike... I'm thinking I'm going to have to get another transition, and try out the preston this year. The dirtbag was tight, but I don't need that caliber of a bike for around here...

Check out this BEA uuuuuuutiful rig.. I definently like the black from last year, but that blue or silver's not bad if built up right.

All for under $2500
Black is always nice, however I like the blue/silver finish also...and yes, thats a nice rig.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Pffft... Whatever. All those bikes suck.

Peaty, Strait, and even DW are all fighting to get their hands on this baby:

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
holy crap is that the new huffy that is said is going to beat the honda bike with its new suspension technology and its shimano equiped

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
zmtber said:
holy crap is that the new huffy that is said is going to beat the honda bike with its new suspension technology and its shimano equiped
and the lime green paint. its like offical color of kicking ass on the world cup circut.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
allsk8sno said:
holly high bottom bracket batman(to coin some other rm member..)
that must be pushing 16-17"!!!

i like the transition dirtbag myself
Do you want a 66 for your Scream? Cheap, Cheap, Cheap! Especially for you working stiffs...

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Price may be a bit hefty on the wallet and a little over priced, but you're getting a race ready package out of the box. Not much to "upgrade". Definitely a king headset, maybe new hubs, rubber and X-0 shifter pod. Other than that it is pretty much top of the line everything. If you were to change stuff it would just be for personal preference. (Holzfeller -> Saint)

Jay_Reemin

Chimp
Nov 9, 2005
allsk8sno said:
holly high bottom bracket batman(to coin some other rm member..)
that must be pushing 16-17"!!!

i like the transition dirtbag myself
I had a dirtbag in 2004, loved it. I also built it to be Whistler bomb proof. Do you think you could build a dirtbag to ride trail with? I need a bike to ride xc with, but also rip some smaller stuff that's around here in the midwest.

eball

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
As a whole build kit:

I would have to say the Transition Bottle Rocket.

They offer a killer set up (component wise) right out of the box