Quantcast

2006 UCI World Cup Calendar

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
April 1-2 - XC #1 Curaçao (AHO - Dutch Antilles)
May 6-7 - DH #1 Vigo (Esp)
May 6-7 - Marathon #2 Naoussia (Gre)
May 13-14 - XC #2 Spa Francorchamps (Bel)
May 20-21 - XC #3 Madrid (Esp)
May 27-28 - XC #4, DH/4X #2 Fort William (GBr)
June 3-4 - DH/4X #3 Willingen (Ger)
June 17-18 - Marathon #3 Mont-Sainte-Anne (Can)
June 24-25 - XC #5, DH/4X #4 Mont-Sainte-Anne (Can)
July 1-2 - DH/4X #5 Balneorio Camboriu (Bra)
July 8-9 - Marathon #4 Villabassa (Ita)
July 15-16 - National Championships XC, DH, 4X
July 29-30 - Marathon #5 Bikepark (Sui)
August 13 - Marathon World Championships Oisans (Fra)
August 22-27 - World Championships, XC, DH, 4X Rotorua (NZl)
September 9-10 - XC #6, DH/4X #6 Schladming (Aut)
September 23-24 - National Championships Marathon

Only 6 DH/4x events which is a pity, and I am surprised Willingen is back on?

Schladming as last round is a good thing, but the Worlds have a very early date this time round, it is half where to no where though.
Really is a pity that Whitely's and Gestev's plan for the WC's hasn't worked out.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Hey, that plan sounds great to me. I'll definitely race the Vigo and hopefully Fort Williams and Willingen. Who else is gonna be out here? And approximately how far is Mont Saint Anne from Whistler? This summer could possibly include four world cups... wow. Or it could be an ass kicking at the first one and three specatatings... Vamos a ver!

p.s. As I type this I am pooping. WiFi laptops rule over all.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
bikenweed said:
Hey, that plan sounds great to me. I'll definitely race the Vigo and hopefully Fort Williams and Willingen. Who else is gonna be out here? And approximately how far is Mont Saint Anne from Whistler? This summer could possibly include four world cups... wow. Or it could be an ass kicking at the first one and three specatatings... Vamos a ver!

p.s. As I type this I am pooping. WiFi laptops rule over all.
FYI, Whistler and Ste. Anne are on opposite sides of the country. The drive would be something like 50 hours or 3300 miles and take you across the entire continent (mostly through the U.S.). Even the flight would be roughly 7 hours and then a two hour drive from Vancouver up to Whistler. :-/

--JP

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
thaflyinfatman said:
WTF did they put a race on in NZ in August for? It snows down to like 200m above sea level there! Bloody hell...
Don't people snowboard there in August......?......i was wondering how they were going to swing NZ for world champs.....going to be interesting.

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
Ill clear somethings up for you mistaken aussies.

-it does not snow to 200metres in that part of the country.
-it does not snow in Rotorua, its a geothermal area.
-the last couple of winters have been pretty mild, with little in the way of rain fall.
-the worlds track is rad, Ive ridden it, althought they are making changes right now.
- the dh and xc are right under the rotorua luge track, which is going to be carnage with 100s of DHers on it, Ive still got scars from this years nats there.

Attachments

jus

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
Awsome Banga, thanks for clearing that up.... hopfully i'll make worlds next year, i hear New Zealand is amazing!! Whats the coarse like by the way??

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
John P. said:
FYI, Whistler and Ste. Anne are on opposite sides of the country. The drive would be something like 50 hours or 3300 miles and take you across the entire continent (mostly through the U.S.). Even the flight would be roughly 7 hours and then a two hour drive from Vancouver up to Whistler. :-/

--JP
You must be mistaken, cause Whistler is only a 30 min drive outside of Vancouver, granted it'll probably take ya like 10-15 min to get to the outskirts of the city, but even still that's like maybe a 45 min drive. Definately not 2 hours.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
DAMN..... I just noticed that the dates of the FORT WILLIAM WORLD CUP fall on the same dates as the US OPEN of MTB!

Although i'm sure we'll see a lot of US based riders there....i doubt if we'll see the heavy hitters like Rennie, Hannah, Hill, etc.

damn.....& these were two events i had planned on going to next year! ....can't wait to see the conflicting NORBA schedule :rolleyes:

Alex966 said:
You must be mistaken, cause Whistler is only a 30 min drive outside of Vancouver, granted it'll probably take ya like 10-15 min to get to the outskirts of the city, but even still that's like maybe a 45 min drive. Definately not 2 hours.
How fast are you driving :p
Its was a little less than 2 hours from downtown Van to Whistler when I went.

ggb

Chimp
May 14, 2002
I drive the whister highway five days a week. It takes two hours from the airport.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
DylanDeanDesign said:
DAMN..... I just noticed that the dates of the FORT WILLIAM WORLD CUP fall on the same dates as the US OPEN of MTB!

Although i'm sure we'll see a lot of US based riders there....i doubt if we'll see the heavy hitters like Rennie, Hannah, Hill, etc.

damn.....& these were two events i had planned on going to next year! ....can't wait to see the conflicting NORBA schedule :rolleyes:
That REALLY sucks. If they really wanted to make it a world class event, those dudes at the open would be wise to move it to June 17-18. That would be the weekend right after the Germany WC and right before the Quebec WC, meaning that the pit area at Diablo would likely be PACKED with World Cup teams who were likely on their way to North America anyway.

Maybe an Email campaign is in order . . .

--JP
P.S. Another potential conflict is Crankworx. That event is usually the 3rd weekend in July, which is also the same time that the UCI is designating for National Championships.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
John P. said:
That REALLY sucks. If they really wanted to make it a world class event, those dudes at the open would be wise to move it to June 17-18. That would be the weekend right after the Germany WC and right before the Quebec WC, meaning that the pit area at Diablo would likely be PACKED with World Cup teams who were likely on their way to North America anyway.

Maybe an Email campaign is in order . . .

--JP
P.S. Another potential conflict is Crankworx. That event is usually the 3rd weekend in July, which is also the same time that the UCI is designating for National Championships.
wow those conflicts DO suck. I had planned on being at all 4 conflicting events...guess that isn't going to happen. Of course, these are the preliminary schedules, so they will undoubtedly change 5 times before the season starts.

I am bummed there isn't 3 euro WCs back to back. Looks like I get to hit ft bill and willingen this year - i was hoping for schladming.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Akula_7 said:
April 1-2 - XC #1 Curaçao (AHO - Dutch Antilles)
May 6-7 - DH #1 Vigo (Esp)
May 6-7 - Marathon #2 Naoussia (Gre)
May 13-14 - XC #2 Spa Francorchamps (Bel)
May 20-21 - XC #3 Madrid (Esp)
May 27-28 - XC #4, DH/4X #2 Fort William (GBr)
June 3-4 - DH/4X #3 Willingen (Ger)
June 17-18 - Marathon #3 Mont-Sainte-Anne (Can)
June 24-25 - XC #5, DH/4X #4 Mont-Sainte-Anne (Can)
July 1-2 - DH/4X #5 Balneorio Camboriu (Bra)
July 8-9 - Marathon #4 Villabassa (Ita)
July 15-16 - National Championships XC, DH, 4X
July 29-30 - Marathon #5 Bikepark (Sui)
August 13 - Marathon World Championships Oisans (Fra)
August 22-27 - World Championships, XC, DH, 4X Rotorua (NZl)
September 9-10 - XC #6, DH/4X #6 Schladming (Aut)
September 23-24 - National Championships Marathon

Only 6 DH/4x events which is a pity, and I am surprised Willingen is back on?

Schladming as last round is a good thing, but the Worlds have a very early date this time round, it is half where to no where though.
Really is a pity that Whitely's and Gestev's plan for the WC's hasn't worked out.
does anyone know officially if the 23 degrees/ gestiv deal to run the world cups has not worked out?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
BC VAN said:
does anyone know officially if the 23 degrees/ gestiv deal to run the world cups has not worked out?
They announced recently that they were handing contorl back obver to the UCI, until such time as they had raised enough sponsorship $ to run the series. There was supposed to be an announcement when they had enough...so far no announcement, and a much smaller series then gestev/23 had envisioned.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Transcend said:
They announced recently that they were handing contorl back obver to the UCI, until such time as they had raised enough sponsorship $ to run the series. There was supposed to be an announcement when they had enough...so far no announcement, and a much smaller series then gestev/23 had envisioned.
thats to bad...we need someone like those 2 groups to come together and take control of the sport.

i know they had some good things in place already as far as the tv side of things....wouldn't it be cool if they just created a whole new deal without any of the bs we have to deal with now.?