Quantcast

2006 Yakuza Kumicho Type R

rodrigodh

Chimp
Mar 12, 2005
Does anybody know if it comes with floating disc, cause it doesn't have it in the pics from the catalog.

And theres a new size : 16", I'm 1.7 meters ,should I get the 16" or the 17". Right now i'm racing an IH SGS pro 2003 19", but when I first rode it felt just a bit big for me, i became used to it really quick, the first day i think, but maybe a smaller frame willl be easier to handle.
Besides I think the 17"kumicho is a little bigger than the 19"SGS.

Size Comparation :
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=618316

I practice DH and extreme freeride so i'm pretty sure this bike is perfect for me, if anyone has 2006 pics from the interbike of this beauty , it will be really nice. I've allready seach in pinkbike but theres nothing about 2006 kumicho. thanks

rodrigo

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Well, i belive the frame is the same for 06 as it was in 05, and i fit well on a 19" frame. I am 6'4", im not quite sure what that is in meters, probably around 2.1 meters tall. My friend is around 5'9, and he got a 17" which fits him well, its just a tad large. My guess is you need a 16.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Grizzle said:
Well, i belive the frame is the same for 06 as it was in 05, and i fit well on a 19" frame. I am 6'4", im not quite sure what that is in meters, probably around 2.1 meters tall. My friend is around 5'9, and he got a 17" which fits him well, its just a tad large. My guess is you need a 16.
here's the hot tip: type in "76 inches in meters" in google, and you'll find that equals 1.93 meters.

2.1 m is about 6' 11". very tall.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
does not come with the floater. the one from 05 was a piece of ****, the floater's bearings would be so loose, it'd make the most terrible noise riding and the brakes wouldn't work so well anymore. wait for brake therapy to make something good for it.