Quantcast

2007 Boxxer Race Maxle

proworkz

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
Reno, Nevada
I need a new axle for my 2007 Boxxer Team. Having a hard time finding just the Maxle online. Anyone know of a online store that I can purchase a new Maxle? Thanks.....

proworkz

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
Reno, Nevada
So I ordered the maxle. But WTF... IT says without lever? So they expect me to have an old lever laying around? My current maxle uses a allen key to tighten. But the previous owner over tightened. Can I use any type of quick release lever for the maxle? Thanks....

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Pretty sure it just means "w/o lever, because the DH Maxle used in the boxxer doesn't actually have a lever". So basically, you don't need a lever for it, it uses a 6mm allen key (used in 2 steps- step 1: tighten axle into fork from non-disc-side, step 2: clamp axle into lower by tightening bolt on disc-side).

Make sure the side that clamps the axle (by expanding the wedges) is undone quite loose before putting it in the fork, this makes it a lot harder to strip (most people don't realise).

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
I have a leverless Maxle, I think my fork is an O7 team off the top of my head. Just like the one Udi described.

BUT.... The site that is shown seems to be selling one that has a QR lever setup. Reading it over it makes it sound like this is not the same as we are thinking about. I have never seen a boxxer that has a lever of anytype. The totem and pike have a different Maxle that does use a QR type lever as part of the system.

As there seems to be some confusion on the matter I would talk to your LOCAL BIKE SHOP to make sure you get the right part. A good LBS can get you exactly what you need and make sure its right when the deal is done. Why hassle with ordering on the net, getting it wrong and then returning it and starting all over?