Quantcast

2007 Demo 8 Release Date?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
the specialized rep. stopped by the shop today and said that we could have them by early nov, or late oct. and yes, its a dhx 5.0. they will also have a red pinstriped one.

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
does anyone know what hubs the demo 8 has, they look red but dont know what brand?

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Yea, both the 7 and 8 run Gamut guides this year. The red hubs, probably house brand. I read the spec and the hubs didnt stand out. Probably their 'stout' series hubs.

Freerider697

Monkey
Jun 16, 2005
What are the prices on these new Demos (completes and frames) I didn't see it posted anywhere else so I was just wondering.
Also kind of off topic, I heard alot of guys are running upgraded 06 bighits for sub 40 lb. race bikes and that a 2007 model may cater to this. Does anyone have any info? (About the 07 model of course)

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Heres the pricing. This is MSR.. your shop might/probably will offer them for less. Im unsure about the weight of the 07 bighit line....

Demo 8 4,900.00
Demo 8 frame only 2,200.00
Demo 7-2 4,400.00
Demo 7-1 3,300.00
Demo 7 frame only 2,200.00
Bighit 3 2,800.00
Bighit 2 2,200.00
Bighit frame only 1,100.00
P3 1,700.00
SX Trail 3 4,400.00

Freerider697

Monkey
Jun 16, 2005
OOO, I may be able to afford the demo 7 1!! Depends on the spec though. If it is paired with a non adjustable fork, I'll go for something else for next season. I could probably do a custom build on the bighit too, which would be fun.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Im sure the 7's cost a fair bit less than the Codes to spec as original equipment... Ill prolly pull those 7's off for the Codes myself.

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
i ride for specialized and i rode a bighit to the semi pro overall dh championship, the reason i rode the frame was that the suspension is more linear that the demo and the bike squats under braking, along with it being a pound lighter than the 06 demo and less complicated, for 07' i am riding the demo 8, its now made of m5 aluminum which makes the frame a pound lighter than last years and stronger, it also has a different wheel path that makes it better over square edge hits and is a more simplistic design, its also has a lower bb and slacker headtube angle than 06', so all around it is a better race bike than last years, and i think it will tear it up!

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Boxxer said:
Heres the pricing. This is MSR.. your shop might/probably will offer them for less. Im unsure about the weight of the 07 bighit line....

SX Trail 3 4,400.00
For an additional $600 MSRP, whats new and improved on the 2007 SX Trail3, compared to the 2006 SX2?

Anybody have a spec list?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
No, it's Spec. hubs (I'm 99% sure) with DT rims.

FYI the complete Demo 8 comes in silver, the frame in red.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
does anyone know for sure wheter or not those decals are being clear coat on the production bike?

Ive heard all kind of rumors but no one yet has confirmed it...personnaly I would like to take them off...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I thought they were.

On MTBR someone posted a PS of them w/o stickers, you may want to check it out. It was in the DH board.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
does anyone know for sure wheter or not those decals are being clear coat on the production bike?

Ive heard all kind of rumors but no one yet has confirmed it...personnaly I would like to take them off...
per Brandon Sloan of Specialized in an email I got this morning:

On the silver bike, they ARE STICKERS. THEY DO COME OFF.
:D

There's your answer. :clapping:

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
That's great news, always nice to have options. Personally I'm not a fan of the argyle and would rather have a nice clean bike.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
per Brandon Sloan of Specialized in an email I got this morning:

On the silver bike, they ARE STICKERS. THEY DO COME OFF.
:D

There's your answer. :clapping:
That’s great news thanks bizutch...I can only hope it'll be the same up here in Canada...should be. Here's how it should looks like for those of you interested…

sorry for the link, the image was too big to be uploaded on this site.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=255603&highlight=demo+8

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
I like both the argyle and the pinstripe. I have different taste though and I like new original ideas. I hope the stickers are durable enough to not peel off and tear if you actually do like them.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
I like both the argyle and the pinstripe. I have different taste though and I like new original ideas. I hope the stickers are durable enough to not peel off and tear if you actually do like them.
From what I’ve seen in Whistler last summer the stickers were like the ones on the old BigHit a few years ago...quite durable and pretty thick....if you like them...

Personally I think they look pretty childish on a 5k+++ bike...it doesnt give the bike a nice clean/fast look :busted:

I mean who would put stickers on a Ferrari? :disgust:

I don’t mind them as much on the Demo7 though for some reason. It looks like a nice freeride bike and its certainly different than anything else out there...Im sure both bikes are going to be sick with or without the stickers anyway...:brows: :brows:

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches

just to help everyone out that is to lazy to look at the link. im acctually surprised. the frame looks HAWT without the stickers and that silver color is dope.:clapping: