Quantcast

2007 Five Tens?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i've heard that you can already order them, but i still need to look into it, i think i want to get a pair.

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
yeah im looking into getting a pair and i like the material the 07 uses vs the 06. 07 looks like they would be alot easier to clean and wont hold dirt/mud/water as easily

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
A lot of places are selling out of their 06' stock first, and then taking shipment on the 07' stuff...

Maybe the 07's will be easier to acquire toward mid-season?

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
well this is the biking industry. come on now. im expecting to have them end of june based on the fact theyre avail end of april.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
I talked to the Queensland rep for them here in Australia today, he hadn't even seen them in flesh or photos.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Just got an email back from 5-10 today, I was told that a shipment of "impacts" was in the air on it's way to the US and that these would be sent out to distributors within the next week or two.

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
I am looking for a new pair, but I think I will wait till the 2007 are available. If anyone knows where to get a pair, be sure to spread the word.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i think i'll probably pick up a pair of 5.10s this season. hopefully i can get them cheap since i work at a 5.10 dealer.

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
Just wanted to give my feed back on five.ten's "Guide Tennie", it's another shoe in their line, not bike specific, but it's perfect for me on cross-country rides. They are lighter and feel better then the "Impact" shoe.

I would not recomend this shoe for DH, it is just not tough enough to withstand an impact if you need to put your foot down hard.

The sole is just as sticky as the impact, but not as bulky, if you like the impact, you may want to give it a try for some XC, pump track, and Dirt Jumping, especially if you do not ride clipped in.

http://www.fiveten.com/ in the foot wear section under approach hiking for more details, I was able to find a pair for $75.00 at backcountry.com