Quantcast

2007 Fox 36 Float vs 2010 Domain 318IS

subycar

Chimp
Dec 31, 2009
Well my used Marz 55R that I bought about 3 months ago decides now that the rebound only wants to work some of the time. :rant: So I have been all over the internet looking for something better. I found a local guy that has a 2007 Fox 36 Float that has very lows hours on it and is in great condition. I also found a guy on another forum selling a 2010 Rock Shox Domain 318 IS for cheap and is brand new. The 36 is going to take over a pound off the bike but before the 55R stop working I was looking at going to something 180mm. I like the fact that the Domain is brand new. What are some opinions.

This is not a DH rig. It is a 2008 Preston built for FR/AM riding. I don't do long XC but do local trails. Ride in the south lots of roots. When hitting trails I lean more towards trails with features, jumps, and gravity. I don't want to get a fork that will limit me. My Preston is built with the 55R at 38 lbs so taking some weight off would be great. :weee:

I would like to hear from those that have either one of these forks. Good or bad.