Quantcast

2007 Iron Horse 7.5

This bad boy just arrived today, i have changed over a few parts from stock, Deity bars
Hope M4's and have a few more changes in mind to lighten her up.

She will get her first ride tomorrow :banana:

more pics here and a ride review tomorrow :biggrin:

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
My first close-up of the 07 graphics. Looks like an Iron Maiden album cover. I like it. Perfect build. Which Shock is spec'd on that ?

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Yup. I hear it's the frame design not the shock w/ DW-Link. Again cool bike congrats on that. Riding pics ?

the bike needs some fine tuning, i was just in a rush to get her up and running.

The cable needs to be cut down and yes that is a 6 inch - don't use your brakes all the time do you :biggrin:

I'm going to be a real weight weenie with this.

New rims, double butted spokes, lighter tubes and tyres, ti spring blah blah :greedy:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I don't see the "Maiden" Influence, do you? :D

I like the logo design!
Very cool indeed! The DW-Link on the chainstay is also in the "metal lord" font and if you could see a close-up :clue: of the top tube, you would see it's a cassette tape with powerslave scribbled on it. :brows:

harpo-rider

Chimp
Feb 18, 2007
New to the thread, or at least new to posting so don't sue me if I'm going about this the wrong way but I have a serious question about my brand new 7.5 and was hoping someone could help.

At the top of the suspension (fully extended with no weight) there is a very small dead spot with a clunk at the top. Meaning, if you are riding over bumps, when the suspension becomes fully extended there is what sounds like a metal on metal clunk. Also, you can duplicate the sound by standing off the bike, holding the rear tire down with your foot and quickly pulling up on the seat or frame. Clunk Clunk Clunk.

All ready sent the Progressive 5th Elemnt shock back to Progressive for a rebuild but the bike makes the same noise. I'm still not convinced that it's not the shock making the noise but diagnosing it seems to be near impossible.

Can anyone help or at least point me in the right direction.
Thanx Joe

jhharpo@sbcglobal.net

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Are you running a chainguide? Check to see if the bommerang has rotated and is contacted the chainstay. I've had this problem several times on my '05 (without ISCG mounts). The boomerang will take an impact rather than the bash and "slip" pushing the lower arm of the boomerang (by the roller pulley) into the chainstay. More info may be found here as well - http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40 Good luck!

toby

harpo-rider

Chimp
Feb 18, 2007
Thanx, that's definitely not the problem. Spent an hour going through it with pretty hi-end mechanic. There is definitely nothing visible making contact. It's definitely one of the pivot points, bushings (pivot hardware) or the shock itself.