Quantcast

2007 Iron Horse

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
awsome spec and super light weight (39 lbs), but that wc is just so ugly (color matching anyone?) !!!

other sunday's looks much better and the 6 point also looks fine !

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Wow - the FR version of the Sunday - the Expert, with the new 07 888 and hot pink lowers... pretty cool.

Looks like those DT Swiss FR1750 wheels are the new wheelset with the 5.1 rims... and 39 lbs. for a production bike! Damn.

With the same parts spec. I guess that means an 07' Sunday Factory would come in at 38lbs.

Looks like that testing Hill was doing with his gear ratios earlier this season has led to a more compact chain-ring. I remember Dante telling me about this as a new aspect of the 07' bikes.

Hotness.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
is there any difference in the 6point and MK team frame?

....and the world cup paint looks ass, get rid of the black rear.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
s.k.c,

it says the wc and elite frames are u.s made so no more weight savings there.
also ,what's the story with those 5.1 rims , are they really that strong (and i dont compare them to the 6.1's cause those are just crap) or companys are going buzurk (saw them also on the d8 complete) over the whole weight trend?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
s.k.c,

also ,what's the story with those 5.1 rims , are they really that strong (and i dont compare them to the 6.1's cause those are just crap) or companys are going buzurk (saw them also on the d8 complete) over the whole weight trend?
Hmmm... interesting observation - I just made a cursory glance at the specs... I'll have to ask Dante if there will be a "Factory" frameset for 07'. If the production WC is made in the USA, then one could speculate that they decided to incorporate the light 7075 tubing of the Factory frameset into their production line.

As far as lightweight bikes go - hey, there's nothing wrong with it, so long as you know that they are intended for racing.

The 5.1 rims DO dent, but if you run higher pressures, this becomes less of an issue.

DT Swiss is currently making a running design change to their 6.1 rim that incorporates a channel into the center of the bottom of the rim to ease tire changes, and also are using a different metal composition as well.

It's possible they have doen the same for the 5.1, but don't quote me on that.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
s.k.c,

actually, apparently the 1750 wheelset is stronger than the wheelsets DT Swiss is currently offering, but they are most likely unreasonably expensive. Those 07 rims are also a new design from the current offerings. i'm all over em.

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
yeah, i must have been looking at this screen too long
The picture of the MKIII Expert that was first up was a 6point, it has been corrected now.

As suggested by the specs on PB, 2 of the fully built bikes will use the factory frameset for 2007 however the Taiwanese frameset will remain for the bulk of the Sunday range. Unsure of US pricing but prices here in the UK for next year reflects this.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
With the 39 lbs weight of the WC I wonder if that is without pedals and XC tubes. Bunch of nice looking bikes and nice specs by Todd as always.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
The spec on the Sunday WC seems pretty sweet except for the wheels, I'd personally be afraid to run those for anything other than a strictly race wheelset. Also the color scheme is horrendous.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
"Strictly race" is kinda the point of the WC. Thus the Juicy Carbons, ultra light road saddle, etc. One of the great things about IH is that they spec bikes as a dh racer would actually build it up. Notice the short cage Ultegra on one of the other Sunday's. Name another company that is smart enough to realize racers want that and not a medium cage XT.

The spec on the Sunday WC seems pretty sweet except for the wheels, I'd personally be afraid to run those for anything other than a strictly race wheelset. Also the color scheme is horrendous.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
"Strictly race" is kinda the point of the WC. Thus the Juicy Carbons, ultra light road saddle, etc. One of the great things about IH is that they spec bikes as a dh racer would actually build it up. Notice the short cage Ultegra on one of the other Sunday's. Name another company that is smart enough to realize racers want that and not a medium cage XT.
i mean its not strictly race as in it will explode upon impact of the first lip it boosts, its a solid build that as long as you stay smooth and dont free huck your're way down the mountain like a regular old joey you'll be fine.

i am SO stoked to ride that bike next year, i cant even express it:happydance:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
I understand that but these rigs will be ridden other than just for racing even if bought by a racer. I'd just want a sturdier wheelset because considering how expensive that wheelset is I wouldn't to be replacing it all the time.

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
I understand that but these rigs will be ridden other than just for racing even if bought by a racer. I'd just want a sturdier wheelset because considering how expensive that wheelset is I wouldn't to be replacing it all the time.
Then buy a second set of wheels, if there was heavier wheels on there people would complain that they were too chunky for a race bike, then end up going out and buying a set of lighter wheels for race use. Either way, if you are riding at the level where you are spending that amount of money on thoroughbred race bike you are unlikely to only have one set of wheels for your bike anyway.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
sell those wheels and use the cash to build up some wheels that you'd rather ride.

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
I'm buying a sunday WC, gonna put the light SRAM-stuff on my Heckler and build new Mavic wheelsets on the DT-hubs, before I flat spot the hell out of them..