Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i think i will actually be there this year. it's too bad that the kingdom trails are so far from montreal, it would be cool to go in one night.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
J, you have to be kidding me! your encouragement was one of the reasons I stayed with that group past when I was feeling spent! well that and Douglas and Jozz bustin my stones! But the pace was definately pushed! I may actually be ready for it this year! it is tough riding a new place and not knowing where and when to exert the extra energy! You were killing it to say the least!
yeah, buddy, but you weren't there for round dos. I died on that one. Off the back all day. I hate that. The first time I had just gotten back from 4 weeks of backpacking and was training to climb these:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
you know i always end up with vacation time left over every year. what better way to use it.would you all mind a slow southern boy taggin along?
That would be AWESOME. Seriously, the Kingdom Trails are some of my favorite trails to ride in the country. The whole place seems like it was purpose-built for mountain biking.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
That would be AWESOME. Seriously, the Kingdom Trails are some of my favorite trails to ride in the country. The whole place seems like it was purpose-built for mountain biking.

question...would i be better off bringing which of the following:

A) Specialized Enduro ( with a Fox36)
B) Giant NRS Carbon
C)Fuji Team Issue HT (carbon stays)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'm there. SS hardtail.

Doug I'm not fast but if you can't find a real racer, I'll do that 12 hour duo at Pat's Peak with you. I'll even put some gears on my bike.

Westy needs to come to the KT this year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm there. SS hardtail.

Doug I'm not fast but if you can't find a real racer, I'll do that 12 hour duo at Pat's Peak with you. I'll even put some gears on my bike.

Westy needs to come to the KT this year.
I'd really like to but I will have to see what pain and suffering work will hand me this summer.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
question...would i be better off bringing which of the following:

A) Specialized Enduro ( with a Fox36)
B) Giant NRS Carbon
C)Fuji Team Issue HT (carbon stays)
Actually, any of those would do okay. The enduro would probably be overkill for the majority of the terrain if you have other options. Hardtails are good for the kingdom, but the NRS may be preferable for a long day in the saddle.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Actually, any of those would do okay. The enduro would probably be overkill for the majority of the terrain if you have other options. Hardtails are good for the kingdom, but the NRS may be preferable for a long day in the saddle.
Agreed. But, if we ever spend any amount of time riding the Burke Mtn. side "Freeride" stuff, the Enduro would be a good pick. I'd like to make a concerted effort to ride more of that stuff this year. Maybe have BadDNA or someone shuttle with their truck? So I guess my answer would be if you can bring more than one bike, I'd do that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
that'd bankrupt most people. buying beer for this entire crew should only be attempted by those with about one billion dollars to spare. we drink a LOT.

and the knee is obviously bent and in a cast.....
Capture the economy of scale. Kegger.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Agreed. But, if we ever spend any amount of time riding the Burke Mtn. side "Freeride" stuff, the Enduro would be a good pick. I'd like to make a concerted effort to ride more of that stuff this year. Maybe have BadDNA or someone shuttle with their truck? So I guess my answer would be if you can bring more than one bike, I'd do that.
Burke Mt Shuttles! I'm in, especially with my new bike on the way.

FWIW: I've gone my last two trips with an '04 Enduro without any issues, so has Berkshire Rider with an '05. This year I'll be bringing it again, and if there's interest in shuttles I'll also be bringing my new Big Hit.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
So Westy has just set the bar. All participants must come to MonkeyFest ready to consume an entire keg-o-beer(tm). Start your training regimen NOW!

(don't worry you have three days to drink your keg)
If four friends and I can kick two kegs in three days at a wedding party in Maine I have no doubt the monkeys can do even more damage at Monkyfest.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
BigT just told me that we are a go for Monkeyfest 2007!

Eammon, if you bring your Big hit, I'll bring my Craftworks. We'll have a full face day!

I just realized that that means I'll have to pack 4 bikes into my truck. 3 for me, and 1 for BigT.

Treesaw, can we get a bedroom? Is there one left? What is your current bribe?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BigT just told me that we are a go for Monkeyfest 2007!

Eammon, if you bring your Big hit, I'll bring my Craftworks. We'll have a full face day!

I just realized that that means I'll have to pack 4 bikes into my truck. 3 for me, and 1 for BigT.

Treesaw, can we get a bedroom? Is there one left? What is your current bribe?
Hmmm....there are 2 bedrooms with double beds and 2 large bunk rooms. The sofa folds out and then, there's the loft. Let me get my thinking cap on and figure this out.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm also going to have some homebrew coming up. For the hop-heads I'll try and save some of my IIPA and who knows what else I'll brew in the meantime.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last year's MF2 was funny....there wasn't much of a food selection between meals, other than chips and dip, but there were probably six coolers and a fridge full of beer. :cheers: