Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeah I think we finally discovered the secret to bringing Sq-earl down to mortal riding speed. 24 hour races don't slow him down, he's just as fast on his last lap as his first. Knocking him off his bike doesn't slow him down, it just pisses him off. A severe hangover seems to be the only answer.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yeah I think we finally discovered the secret to bringing Sq-earl down to mortal riding speed. 24 hour races don't slow him down, he's just as fast on his last lap as his first. Knocking him off his bike doesn't slow him down, it just pisses him off. A severe hangover seems to be the only answer.
I was thinking the same thing....someday he'll discover the booze IV I give him in his sleep before a ride :pirate2:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Of the many great MFest moments, I think Earl booting before we even got to the first climb is one of the best. I would have enjoyed an unnamed monkey falling out of the 3 story high bunk bed, but I was sleeping on the deck...

edit- wow, doug, look at our post times....creepy....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Of the many great MFest moments, I think Earl booting before we even got to the first climb is one of the best. I would have enjoyed an unnamed monkey falling out of the 3 story high bunk bed, but I was sleeping on the deck...
I would have to agree. Don falling out of bed in a drunken stupor doesn't strike me as that unnatural ;)

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Oh, and for whoever asked, I think the cost was somewhere in the range of $60 per person last time, including food and lodging. Trail passes cost extra, but they are pretty cheap. The biggest expenditure for me is always gas to get there.

The more people who show up, the cheaper it is for everyone!

And, if you have not been before, this lodge is amazing. It is huge, has tons of sleeping space and a great feel to it.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
You can only hope that the lodge has not been consumed by mother earth, the foundation looked rather dodgey if I recall.

as for the healthy part I was using it in the sense of its fourth meaning aka considerable.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Of course that is true , But I'm thinking avoiding the Dates of the Big things Some of us want to do like Pats Peak and Pedrosfest are a good idea. ( killington 24hr and Norba Nats also Come to mind, but I am not going to those so I don't really care about those)
That's cool man, I know you're just trying to make sure the max number of people can go which is awesome. But just from past experience, if we make a reasonable effort to pick a good date, people who want to be there will make it happen. If we leave it open for discussion, every date will conflict with someone. Look at last year, several of our favorite monkeys were unable to go, but it all worked out in the form of a MF2.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
haha...maybe, year 1 & year 2 both resulted with 2nd place finishes.

I'd like to find someone fast, and do 12 hour duo again.
Would I qualify as someone fast?

I'll keep this in mind. I'm currently debating between moving back to the West Coast and up to Washington via bike or staying on the East Coast for another year. So, if I'm still around I will most definitely be joining you all for my second MonkeyFest East!

I came from California and they let me play. And while beer is the drink of choice I think the singlespeeds are the bikes of choice for sure.

The Ito

Blaze

Chimp
Nov 3, 2006
Hi all, New Monkey here. Just wonder is this open to all Monkeys? Have been up to KT many times love it their.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
Hi all, New Monkey here. Just wonder is this open to all Monkeys? Have been up to KT many times love it their.
all new monkeyfest attendees are required to attempt foolish and potentially crippling bicycle tricks at the lodge. consumption of beer before attempting tricks is obviously de rigeur as it will raise the difficulty of the trick and therefore your final score from the judges.

John and myself are judges based upon past injury. Other judges are currently being nominated for the selection comittee to consider.

Blaze

Chimp
Nov 3, 2006
Pigboy, Willing to try almost anything, once the beer is flowing who knows.
Have just started riding a muni might have to bring it up and after a few beers let u try. Most fun Ive had on one wheel....