Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Well I am officially not going to be able to attend this year. Saturday I'm headed off to Cobleskill for 5 weeks for a coyote diet assesment research project. Collaring, tracking, looking at deer kills, home range assesment etc etc. Maybe I can come in the fall if monkeyfest deux 2007 occurs.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
FYI, my Monkeyfest plans are looking very bleak at the moment. :( I was in a meeting yesterday and was told to expect to work all weekend.

.....not that anyones gives a turd.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Veggie's keeps breaking herself - her doc says no mtn bike til mid Aug, I told her to go any way (& bring her roadie which the doc says is ok)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Veggie's keeps breaking herself - her doc says no mtn bike til mid Aug, I told her to go any way (& bring her roadie which the doc says is ok)
Yeah tell her to do that. Hell I'll even do a road ride with her. I don't wanna be the only non-meat eater there.

Veggie Girl

Chimp
Oct 1, 2006
Schenectady, NY
Yeah tell her to do that. Hell I'll even do a road ride with her. I don't wanna be the only non-meat eater there.
Echo, I'm no "darth bailer"...I'm on injured reserve status!! I took a hard crash 3 hrs. into an epic ride at Hawley State Forest (Western M.A.) almost 2 weeks ago and managed to injure some ligaments/tendons in my left knee from the fall. :( The doc has ordered me to stay off the mountain bike until my leg has a proper chance to heal and recover...Right now we're looking at August 11th (the date of our Grafton Rocks! MTB Festival) as a target comeback date, assuming I haven't put the Rush on Ebay and put an end to my sado-masochistic tendencies once and for all.:banghead:

So, it is with a heavy heart that I will not be ripping up the trails with y'all at Kingdom...But, hark! What's this I hear about Monkeys bringing their ROAD BIKES to VT?? There's a chance for grabbing some asphalt action? Tell me more!

Veggie Girl
P.S.--Just b/c I ride the roads doesn't make me a ROADIE! Whether on slicks or knobbies, I'd rather hang with a bunch of hairy-legged, baggy-short wearing, Camelbak-toting, Guinness-swilling MTBers who know how to "WOO HOO" and have fun on and off their bikes any day. :monkeydance:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Veggie Girl
P.S.--Just b/c I ride the roads doesn't make me a ROADIE! Whether on slicks or knobbies, I'd rather hang with a bunch of hairy-legged, baggy-short wearing, Camelbak-toting, Guinness-swilling MTBers who know how to "WOO HOO" and have fun on and off their bikes any day. :monkeydance:
As long as it's only the guys sporting the hairy legs I'm with you. Not that there's anything wrong with hairy girls, it just isn't my bag. Remember Burly50 came up last fall just to hang out, you should definitely come back and bring the road bike.

p.s. Heal well, listen to the doc.

splat

Nam I am
So, it is with a heavy heart that I will not be ripping up the trails with y'all at Kingdom...But, hark! What's this I hear about Monkeys bringing their ROAD BIKES to VT?? There's a chance for grabbing some asphalt action? Tell me more!

Veggie Girl
Yeah bring it and join us on the Burke Mt toll road assult , , you'll just be another person to leave poor doug in the dust.

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Brungeman, T-shirts would be awesome...uh....minus the titties part (could seriously impact my ability to pick up guys which is hampered enough in the first place...). Bacon, eh, not the best for a slogan to include, but only the former would completely exclude my interest.

WOOT...two less than two weeks!!! :D

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Just got back from two days at Plattekill. Stoked to get back on a bike that can pedal up hill.

I know Echo is coming out, anyother Western New York :monkeydance:'s coming out to this? I can leave Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Let's talk carpool. Gas is friggin' expensive!

The Ito

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Just got back from two days at Plattekill. Stoked to get back on a bike that can pedal up hill.

I know Echo is coming out, anyother Western New York :monkeydance:'s coming out to this? I can leave Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Let's talk carpool. Gas is friggin' expensive!

The Ito
Yeah we'll have a few peeps going. I'll give you a call this week.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

The Ito
I will be passing through on my way! I was thinking about hitting the Saranac Brewery on my way past Utica... then I will most likely be staying at my sisters house in Endwell/Endicott Thursday night.

let me know if you need a ride! I will have room.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Well I'm really bummed to hear that some of my favorite monkeys will not be able to make it.

I hope enough people show up to make the cost of the lodge reasonable... it would be pretty sucky to have Treesaw reserve the place with the understanding that a bunch of people would be there to help pay for it, then have half the people not show up.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Tigg and Phil, sucks you guys won't be there. Crap.

Hey, I remember some guys might have been interested in bringing the big bikes and hitting the freeride trails on Friday....anyone still game? Basically, I might be leaving for Monkeyfest on, ummmm, this friday- I am going to Plattekill to race then probably backpacking and maybe riding in the area until the next week, so internet might be sparse for me.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
You bet! I'm bringing two bikes, Turnergirl is bringing two bikes and riding up with me. I'm trying to convince Berkshire_Rider to bring a big bike as well but he's dragging his feet on getting it over to the shop to get tuned up. I just did my first ever downhill ride at Highland MTB Park yesterday and I'm itching for more.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Well I'm really bummed to hear that some of my favorite monkeys will not be able to make it.

I hope enough people show up to make the cost of the lodge reasonable... it would be pretty sucky to have Treesaw reserve the place with the understanding that a bunch of people would be there to help pay for it, then have half the people not show up.
no doubt

Treesaw, are you still planning to bring/make food?