Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Man, with all these bailers I'm not even going to have to do good on my offer to sleep on the porch.

I still have room in my car and am willing to drive anyone who lives somewhere between Rochester and East Burke, VT. Jrogers? Anyone? Come on, two people paying for gas is easier than 1.

And should I be bringing my road bike? Or leave the slicks at road in favor of more beer?

The Ito

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Can someone shed a little more information on the toll road ride? If it is just going to be a straight up and down I'll just bring some wheels with slick tires. If we are going to do more of a complete ride I'll bring the roadie.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ok...this is what I have thus far PLEASE let me know if this is wrong/right so I can have adequate food supply for everyone. I will give you a more accurate total after I go grocery shopping but it looks like it will be about $40 per person for the weekend (including food).

Inside:
T & E
Quofan & Big T
BadDNA
Berkshire Rider
Pigboy
JBP
Herb
Douglas
Echo
Tweek
Sorgie
Ito
Westy
JRogers
BikeGeek
Sandwich
Westy
gnurider1080
Riding

Outside:
Deyv & Isa
HypNoTic
Jozz
Evil Sylvin
Super Fast French Canadian guy (sorry I can't remember his name...he was too fast)???

Food Only:
Splat, Mrs. & Peter
IAB & MBC
Woodsguy & Mrs.

???:
GumbaFish ???
hooples3 ???

Ok...this is what I have thus far PLEASE let me know if this is wrong/right so I can have adequate food supply for everyone. I will give you a more accurate total after I go grocery shopping but it looks like it will be about $40 per person for the weekend (including food).

Inside:
T & E
Quofan & Big T
BadDNA
Berkshire Rider
Pigboy
JBP
Herb
Douglas
Echo
Tweek
GeeSpot
Sorgie
Ito
Westy
Bad DNA
JRogers
BikeGeek
Sandwich
Westy
gnurider1080

Outside:
Deyv & Isa
HypNoTic
Jozz
Evil Sylvin
Super Fast French Canadian guy (sorry I can't remember his name...he was too fast)???

Food Only:
Splat, Mrs. & Peter
IAB & MBC
Woodsguy & Mrs.

???:
dirtrider2
Riding
GumbaFish ???
hooples3 ???

I thought Douglas was going to Mt Snow?!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Can someone shed a little more information on the toll road ride? If it is just going to be a straight up and down I'll just bring some wheels with slick tires. If we are going to do more of a complete ride I'll bring the roadie.
just up & down, not even 10 miles total

...that climb made one of the big bike magazines as a top climb in the usa, so I wanted to check it out being we are right there

I still have room in my car and am willing to drive anyone who lives somewhere between Rochester and East Burke, VT. Jrogers? Anyone? Come on, two people paying for gas is easier than 1.
I also have room in my truck, leaving from (near) Albany Friday morning.

I thought Douglas was going to Mt Snow?!
this trip is my excuse to not race (aka get my ass kicked) Saturday morning at the nationals, but Sunday on my way home I'll swing buy to say hi to my friend georgia as she kicks ass in the ST race

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
consider me debailed...or unbailed...or....

f-it, I'll be there. Is there any room in the cabin? Would prefer not to have to borrow a tent...have my own sleeping bag though. Everybody peer pressure w00dy to come so that we can listen to "in heaven" again...

I have the song on 7" vinyl! and was going to bring it as a conversation piece!:bonk:

this trip is my excuse to not race (aka get my ass kicked) Saturday morning at the nationals, but Sunday on my way home I'll swing buy to say hi to my friend georgia as she kicks ass in the ST race
right.

I was going to stop on my way home too - but it'll add 1.5hrs to my drive home :crazy: so we'll see.

edit: btw, how many veg heads? My dip has ground beef in it but I'm making 2 so I can make one without it.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I think since Veggie Girl messed up her knee, I'll be the only vegesaur. No need to make special food for me, but I bet that dip would be awesome without beef, so certainly if you don't mind making one without, I will gladly eat it :)

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I think since Veggie Girl messed up her knee, I'll be the only vegesaur. No need to make special food for me, but I bet that dip would be awesome without beef, so certainly if you don't mind making one without, I will gladly eat it :)
I'm on a low sat-fat diet so I'll likely be demolishing anything with veggies, getting in a little meat and avoiding most things with cheese. Beer is good though! Beer for breakfast, beer in the Camelback, Bourbon for dinner? :cheers:

I'm on a low sat-fat diet so I'll likely be demolishing anything with veggies, getting in a little meat and avoiding most things with cheese. Beer is good though! Beer for breakfast, beer in the Camelback, Bourbon for dinner? :cheers:
sorry - the dips contain LOTS of cheese.

more for me!!

It's only Tuesday and I'm psyched. Yeah, I'm gettin lots of work done this week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
do it on your mtn bike, mtn bike gearing will be better anyway being the climb is crazy steep
What is the average grade? Did a warm up climb Saturday, average grade was 12% with short sections of 18%. I would have killed for a 34 tooth cassette to go a long with my triple.:biggrin:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
The first two miles of climbing are mellow.
Around the 2.5 mile mark, you hit a half mile of 18% grade!
The toll road is only 2.7 miles of the 4.7 mile climb, but this 2.7 miles averages 15% grade.

2384 ft rise

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The first two miles of climbing are mellow.
Around the 2.5 mile mark, you hit a half mile of 18% grade!
The toll road is only 2.7 miles of the 4.7 mile climb, but this 2.7 miles averages 15% grade.

2384 ft rise
Yep, I'm doing it on the MTB.

That is if I start feeling better. Working from home today, to add insult to injury my left eye started to swell up for some reason this morning.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yea, we will be staying at the b&b so the only meal we will share with you guys (besides a trail side lunch) will be dinner Saturday night at the Pub Outback. Although I'm not sure what we are doing for dinner Friday night yet.
I think Splat & Family and MBC will be joining us for dinner so you are definitely more than welcome!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
:shocked: I will be making the Mac-n-cheese "low fat" if that helps?
Maybe a taste. I'm doing this as part of a research study for the American Cancer Society so I have to record all my food. It's easier for me to stick to veggies and other simple food items than it is to ask you to keep all the nutritional info on the stuff you use.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Who's still bringing big bikes? TurnerGirl is out, and Berkshire Rider doesn't have a big bike, I want to make sure there's enough of us to make hitting the freeride trails on Friday afternoon worth the trouble if I bring my Big Hit.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
Who's still bringing big bikes? TurnerGirl is out, and Berkshire Rider doesn't have a big bike, I want to make sure there's enough of us to make hitting the freeride trails on Friday afternoon worth the trouble if I bring my Big Hit.
I was thinking of checking them out, but according to the Kingdom website the DH and freeride trails are still closed. Of course I only have one bike, so I may just throw my DH gear in the car anyway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So what are the trails like there? Big rocks, little rocks, round rocks pointy rocks, roots, mud? I need to get my tires sorted out tonight.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
The DH & FR Trails are still closed :( I doubt they will be re-opened too so we'll probably bring just XC.