Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We may take you up on that. What time is dinner?

Here is our proposed schedule. Robyn and I will be leaving Sutton as early as possible on Friday so we should be there around noon. After settling in we would like to go on a mellow 1.5-2hr ride to warm up. We then shower, relax, and get ready for dinner. Then on Saturday around 10am I would like to go on a 3-4.5hr faster ride without her (Sidewinder!) and she can go on a slower 2.5-4hr ride. Afterwards we will do something touristy like a drive or shopping before dinner at the POB. Then on Sunday we chill out until around 10 am then possibly go on another mellow 1.5-2hr ride before heading home. How does that fit in with everybody else's schedule? Will there be a mellow group she can join on Saturday? I know the trails on the Darling Hill side pretty well so I could lead some of the rides over there.
I am guessing dinner on Friday will be about 6:30pm (if that works for everyone).

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
So what are the trails like there? Big rocks, little rocks, round rocks pointy rocks, roots, mud? I need to get my tires sorted out tonight.
mostly hardpack dirt / some roots / not many rocks / most trails stay pretty dry (except east branch, west branch, pound cake, fence line)

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Loads of fun. For tires, if it is wet just bring something big volume and low pressure. You'll want it on the roots.

Looks like the road bike is coming along for the ride.

The Ito

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I know that's what the website says, but it hasn't changed in a while. I emailed them today for confirmation. I'll post when I hear back.
Kingdom Trails said:
We've got someone going there tonight to check out the conditions I'll let you know tomorrow.
Tim Tierney, Executive Director
Kingdom Trails Association
PO Box 204
East Burke, VT 05832
More tomorrow...:cheers:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Trust me, no one wants to pump this by hand. It requires a quick initial pulse of air to seal things up, much like tubeless tires.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
We are all set up for dinner at the Pub Outback. They would like us there at 6pm and don't mind if we're dirty, smelly, etc. If possible, they would like us to do our dinner orders early so we don't clog up the kitchen too much so I will have a menu and will be taking orders to drop off pre-ride.

2 more days :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
yes
East Burke, VT ( put that into Google maps )

go through the center of town , and 114 will go left , then there will be a ball field on the left , the barn like house next to the ball field is it.
I tell people to aim for East Burke Sports.

439 Vt Route 114
East Burke, VT 05832

Monkeycamp is about 1/4 mile past on the left.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Hey,

Went to the Kingdom on Monday. Trails were slick, but still rolling fine!

I'll be there for the Friday semi-drunken night ride, and the whole day Saturday. Leaving Saturday evening after dinner at the Outback Pub.

If some Monkeys are willing, I'm available to guide a Kingdom in a Day ride on Saturday.

J.

ps. Treesaw, for food, calculate only one breakfast for me.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Hey,

Went to the Kingdom on Monday. Trails were slick, but still rolling fine!

I'll be there for the Friday semi-drunken night ride, and the whole day Saturday. Leaving Saturday evening after dinner at the Outback Pub.

If some Monkeys are willing, I'm available to guide a Kingdom in a Day ride on Saturday.

J.

ps. Treesaw, for food, calculate only one breakfast for me.
:thumb: What's the pace for this "Kingdom in a Day Ride"?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I would say its not about speed, but more endurance... Last time we did it we covered 35 miles in about 7 hours... Lots of climbing though.
That is better than the Spier Falls trip with 12 miles covered over the course of 6 hours.

It is 4:20AM and I'm packing the car. Picking up Echo around 3ish and heading out with Mike and everyone. Looking forward to a highly entertaining Monkeyfest!

The Ito

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I would say its not about speed, but more endurance... Last time we did it we covered 35 miles in about 7 hours... Lots of climbing though.
haha...I call BS, last time I was at nearly XC race pace the whole day barely keeping up with you all.

ps: I can lead rides (if needed) whichever day.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
haha...I call BS, last time I was at nearly XC race pace the whole day barely keeping up with you all.

ps: I can lead rides (if needed) whichever day.
Well Doug I guess technically he's not lying. Most of us can go as fast as they do, we just lack the endurance to do it for 7 hours (or in my case, even 30 minutes).

Hello?

OK, well, since there isn't a mellow ride on Saturday then I guess I will lead one.

Time: 10am? I'm flexible. If it is just going to be Robyn and I we will probably leave at 10.
Where: Darling Hill side
Duration: 3-4 hours depending on pace/breaks
Pace: Mellow - All will be waited for. We will take frequent very short breaks and a longer break for lunch and/or swimming.
Difficulty: Advanced Intermediate; mostly blue trails. The only black diamonds would be Tody's, Coronary, Ridge, Kitchel, and Herbs.
Meet: East Burke Sports

See you all tomorrow!
Kevin
relax - it's not as if you won't see us Friday/Friday night/Saturday am.

Your schedule seems very regimented.

I'm just gonna ride.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Just found out I'll be in Vermont this weekend visiting fam. May make a trip up to KT on Saturday for a day trip. Some of you's guys know me. For those that don't, I'll hopefully meet a couple of ya.