Quantcast

2007 Northeast Monkey Gathering - July 20-22

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Our system upgrade is currently "on schedule" which means WORK for me Saturday...not that anyone gives a poop.

MF status not looking good.
You need to go down to the datacenter and drop a handful of metal filings into a couple of the servers. That'll put the upgrade on hold until they replace the hardware, you get to ride this weekend.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
11-12 hopefully. Stop at Trout River for some beer, stop at the lodge and lay claim to beds then likely off to the LG outlet. You want to meet us somewhere Randee?

11-12 hopefully. Stop at Trout River for some beer, stop at the lodge and lay claim to beds then likely off to the LG outlet. You want to meet us somewhere Randee?
Sounds like we'll all get there around the same time. After I check in I'll make my way to the lodge. I want to hit LG too but I'm watching the weather. If it rains at all, that'll be the time to go!

Got my cell #?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Early afternoon I believe and we'll be leading a caravan of monkeys.

Just got a note from my contact at the Outback Pub. Trails are starting to puddle up a bit from yesterday & today's rain, but the forecast for the weekend is good.

Looks like rain through tomorrow? Should I be worried about driving a long just to spend a sunny weekend near some wet and closed trails?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Looks like rain through tomorrow? Should I be worried about driving a long just to spend a sunny weekend near some wet and closed trails?
most of the trails dry up real fast / pourous soil & pretty much on a ridge betwen 2 small rivers...the trails by the rivers (east & west branch) will be the muddy/wet ones

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
most of the trails dry up real fast / pourous soil & pretty much on a ridge betwen 2 small rivers...the trails by the rivers (east & west branch) will be the muddy/wet ones
If wet do they close individual trails or just the whole system?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Where can we get such things. Will I be able to get one if I arrive late?
the lodge is 2 minutes (by bike) from where you buy the pass (and pub outback, and the bike shop, and where we'll start our rides)

Hello?

OK, well, since there isn't a mellow ride on Saturday then I guess I will lead one.

Time: 10am? I'm flexible. If it is just going to be Robyn and I we will probably leave at 10.
Where: Darling Hill side
Duration: 3-4 hours depending on pace/breaks
Pace: Mellow - All will be waited for. We will take frequent very short breaks and a longer break for lunch and/or swimming.
Difficulty: Advanced Intermediate; mostly blue trails. The only black diamonds would be Tody's, Coronary, Ridge, Kitchel, and Herbs.
Meet: East Burke Sports

See you all tomorrow!
Kevin
Normally we start as one big group, go up Darling Hill and head down poundcake, by then people pretty much figure out what group they should be in, then we split up - and later if someone bonks, they can easily be pointed to Vast to take the easy/quick way back to town.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jesus god are you good at worrying... when you get into the center of town the bike shop's on your left and the KT office, where you get your pass, is on your right. It'll be pretty obvious. If you get in too late, nobody's out thewre to hassle you anyway.
Not really worried I'm just clueless. I just thought I should figure out what is going on before I spend 10 hours in the car.

National weather service for East Burke:

Today: Showers likely, mainly before 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tonight: A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Areas of dense fog after 2am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Light northwest wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday: A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Areas of dense fog before 8am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming north between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 10%.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 80. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph

Sounds like today is LG day!