Quantcast

2007 Wrap-up : RM NFL FF

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Thanks to the commish for his efforts! The new format was interesting and challenging, but it became obvious that most didn't enjoy it. No worries. Next season, we'll go with the default yahoo line-up that has less players.

Is anyone interested in doing something different, like having the last place team pick where in the draft order they'd like to go, second-to-last pick next, etc? Maybe start a keeper league next year?

Also, I heard something about a playoff FF option... is anyone familiar with that?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I guess you won opie?

Cono Rats.

I'd be in for a keeper league next year (or this year.)
eh, won by default.

How about we start a keeper league next year? How many players to start out? Two? We can up it over time if people like.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm making myself commish and we'll do a reverse order draft. Rohypnol gets to pick which draft number he'd like, then Raiders Suck can pick and so on... We'll do this every year from now on with keeper option of two players starting the end of 2008 season. Any objections with any of this?

Opiates
Gex's lil giants
Just maybe win baby?
Robdamadingus
Balco's Finest
dfinn
Mike's Maulers
Dummbikes
SIDS Survivors
Riding Less
I Hate MMike
Dogs of War
Raiders Suck
Rohypnol

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
eh, won by default.

How about we start a keeper league next year? How many players to start out? Two? We can up it over time if people like.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm making myself commish and we'll do a reverse order draft. Rohypnol gets to pick which draft number he'd like, then Raiders Suck can pick and so on... We'll do this every year from now on with keeper option of two players starting the end of 2008 season. Any objections with any of this?

Opiates
Gex's lil giants
Just maybe win baby?
Robdamadingus
Balco's Finest
dfinn
Mike's Maulers
Dummbikes
SIDS Survivors
Riding Less
I Hate MMike
Dogs of War
Raiders Suck
Rohypnol
That could work. Although the rosters now are way too large. We should cut them down at this point.

Hell, I'd be in for a keeper league from this season. Pick 1 and keep him, or keep nobody and use your first draft pick for whomever you like.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
That could work. Although the rosters now are way too large. We should cut them down at this point.
Absolutely. We'll go with the default format which is almost half the roster size. I liked the challenge, but it seems like the default is so for a good reason.

Hell, I'd be in for a keeper league from this season. Pick 1 and keep him, or keep nobody and use your first draft pick for whomever you like.
Thing is, no one really thought about that in advance, so it's a little unfair to most since no one planned for it and probably dropped a great player who went on IR to free up a bench spot.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I think most teams would have someone on their team they'd like to keep (I had to check my roster to see). Maybe we could keep one for 2008 and determine at the beginning of the season if that will go up for 2009. Trimming the roster is an excellent idea, too many spots to keep filled this year.

Congrats Opie on the championship.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm fine with keeping one or more players from this year, but I think to be fair, it would have to be like a 75% vote.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I think most teams would have someone on their team they'd like to keep (I had to check my roster to see). Maybe we could keep one for 2008 and determine at the beginning of the season if that will go up for 2009. Trimming the roster is an excellent idea, too many spots to keep filled this year.

Congrats Opie on the championship.
I'd like to keep most of my team for next year.