Quantcast

2008 Boxxer Floodgate knob stuck!

Mar 31, 2010
I've been searching the web and forums like this for some help with my son's 2008 Boxxer fork. He rode on the weekend, and when he came home the floodgate knob and shaft seemed like it had popped up about 2-3mm over the compression dial. Enough that the o-ring was visible. The fork and compression adjustment still work properly, but I'm worried that without knowing how the flood:confused:gate is set, it might effect the performance or damage the fork.

I took the whole MoCo unit out of the fork tonight, and then proceeded to take the unit apart, so I had it right down to the blue metal adjustment rod. I managed to wiggle the floodgate shaft back into position, but the adjustment knob refuses to turn. If I take out one of the o-rings there are two ball bearings behind it, and when I remove those I can see a silver thread rod inside the main black plastic top assembly, but can seem to figure out how to access it. There is also a split pin of some sort, and I think it holds the blue metal rod onto the black plastic top assembly, but I'm a bit hesitant to remove it.

Sorry that my description isn't technically correct, but if anyone can understand what I'm getting at, and has any suggestions as to how to fix this, it would be appreciated! :confused:

Not much help, but at the national rounds here in Australia the SRAM guys went around replacing the units like these with no questions or comments. Just unscrewed it, pocketed it, brand new one in and walked away. Seemed like they were embarrassed or something...

Mar 31, 2010
I've read in a few places that there was some sort of replacement program for these...maybe I'll contact SRAM and see if that's the case.

Thanks