# CCCX #5 - Salinas CA - Sunday - May 25th
# CCCX #6 - Salinas CA - Sunday - June 8th
# CCCX #7 - Salinas CA - Sunday - June 22nd
# CCCX #8 - Salinas CA - (Finals) Sunday - July 13th

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Has anybody heard anything about chdh for 08. I loved the two races last year but with the problems they were having are they going to try again this year?

Has anybody heard anything about chdh for 08. I loved the two races last year but with the problems they were having are they going to try again this year?
I asked that over on MTBR the other day and got zero response. Hopefully Phil and the rideaSFO crew will make things happen. It's such a super fun race. I'd hate to see become a thing of the past.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
How bad is it to use a full blown DH rig for CCCX?
Its not too bad. I did the last two series' on my big bike (8 in front and 9 1/2 in the rear). There are a couple parts I wished I had a shorter travel bike, but its really not too bad. If you have the choice to run a short travel bike, I would.

I got an email from Phil this morning saying:
CHDH is up in the air for 2008. I need to find time to meet with the park. We do have some other sites we are looking at. Working on a new timing system.
I really hope they can get a race together this season. They have been awesome in the past.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I got an email from Phil this morning saying:
I really hope they can get a race together this season. They have been awesome in the past.
I would be so bummed if it doesn't go through. The CHDH is by far my favorite race in northern california, and one of the only races I plan on going to this year.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I think everyone would be pretty bummed. Its put on by great people and always a sick course. I really want it to happen.

I urge anyone who might know someone who has land or a venue to host it to contact Phil and try and make this happen.