Quantcast

2008 Capitol Forest Races

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
I used to race BMX when I was a kid...

this super D race seems like a blast but my bike setup..

might need some changes

what you guys think?

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
I did a race last year on my double in the muck. The course was trashed when I finally got to race. It was fun. Maybe if its sunny ill do more but in that muck, it was just no fun.

capslayer

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Olympia

might need some changes

what you guys think?
The bullit will be better for super d if you lighten it up a bit. You'll still have fun if you ride it the way it is though. Single ply tires will help a lot.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
Right on, I'll be living in Vancouver around that time, so I'll have to check out the super d's.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune

might need some changes

what you guys think?
If that front ring is any bigger than a 36t you may want to down step it for the race??? Maybe not? The route has a hand full of hill climbs that are short but steep that if you know the trail real well you can coast em with little to no speed when you hit the top. You should ride it once with the bike like it is to see if you need to change any thing.

capslayer

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Olympia
Just in case nobody noticed, the dates for the first races have changed. Check the website for more info.

Time to start training!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
does capitol forrest have beginer trails for people to just go mess around on ?
Lots of trails to choose from. Nothing too crazy aside from a few rocky sections near the top...at least the few trails I rode there so far. I'd imagine it is rather mucky this time of the year, but it's a blast when it's a little drier. Make sure you go with somebody that knows their way around there. It would suck to take the wrong trail and have to ride 15+ miles to get back to the car.

aktallguy

Monkey
Aug 31, 2006
Puget Sound, WA
Looks like fun! I'll have to get into this. Dunno if I have the training time to do the Spokane race on May 24/25 with all my schoolwork, but maybe.

How long are the indie series? There's really not much info about the actual race on the website, unless I'm missing something which is a distinct possibility.