Quantcast

2008 dhr sizing

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
I am about to order a 2008 Turner dhr but am a little unsure about the sizing. At 5'11, I am just outside of Turner's recommended height range for the size medium, however I don't feel like I should be on a large. Any dhr owners out there that are about my size? What sizes are you guys running?

Any input would be awesome.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Call Turner and ask. They are pretty good about recommending the right size for your size and style.

I'm 6'1" and the large feels absolutely prefect size wise.
I think the mediums are about the same as they were in '04-'06

Unless you really like roomy bikes, I would say medium.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
I was lucky and got too sit on both.Currently have a med 05' and I'am about 5'10".The med. did seem short and the large kind of long.I for myself would opt. for the med.The only time the med. will seem small is when you want to use the seat,I feel the larges wheelbase is getting a little too long.As people/manufactures slacken head tube angles they have to do something to keep the wheelbase in check.I know there are good deals to be had on 08's but people have been having issues with the main pivot requireing more maintnence.

Last edited:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I was lucky and got too sit on both.Currently have a med 05' and I'am about 5'10".The med. did seem short and the large kind of long.I for myself would opt. for the med.The only time the med. will seem small is when you want to use the seat,I feel the larges wheelbase is getting a little too long.As people/manufactures slacken head tube angles they have to do something to keep the wheelbase in check.I know there are good deals to be had on 08's but people have been having issues with the main pivot requireing more maintnence.

The large sizing between the '05 and the '08 is completely different. They are complete apples to oranges.

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
Thanks a lot for the help guys, sounds like I will be best off with a medium but I think I will give turner a quick call before I put my order in just to double check.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
The level of maintnence was a comparison to the 05'/06'.Too Buildyourown,I understand the 05'/06 are not the same as 07'/08'.The large 07'/08' is between the med 05'/06' and large 05'/06' and the 07'/08'med is smaller than the med 07'/08'.I was just trying say I would be in the same boat deciding and would choose the Med. as well.He did not say what he is currently riding,just trying to give my pespective for him and anyone else reading this.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
If you don't take the time to pull your pivot apart, loctite the torx heads and check up on the main pivot bolts once or twice after a few hard rides, it develops play.

I'm heavy, I ride a lot and I haven't had any more issues than I've had with anything else.

I'm loving my DHR

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
Thats good to hear, I am not afraid of a little maintenance so it sounds like it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I am stoked on getting this bike! Thanks again everybody for the help.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
yeah man you are going to absolutely love the DHR! class
lets see pictures when you have it done...
I haven't had any problems yet with the main pivot giving me issues, even after a hard week riding in the alps, at the sprint avalanche and the mega avalanche...although I go over my bike after every ride and check all is in working order. So perhaps that helps with keeping everything in check!
Although I have seen a DHR with a bolt broken in the main pivot point...not a serious job to fix though. Although there is a fix for it, Turner have sorted these guys out with it. I have yet to see it, so when I see it I'll post some pics of it up here k...

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
Yea, I'll definitely put up some pictures once I'm done building it up. I ordered most of my stuff today, both QBP and BTI are out of stock on the Boxxer WC so I'm gonna have to go direct through Rockshox or find another Rockshox distributor that has them. Also still need to get my Hadley hubs. Its gonna be sweet I cant wait! :banana:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Yea, I'll definitely put up some pictures once I'm done building it up. I ordered most of my stuff today, both QBP and BTI are out of stock on the Boxxer WC so I'm gonna have to go direct through Rockshox or find another Rockshox distributor that has them. Also still need to get my Hadley hubs. Its gonna be sweet I cant wait! :banana:
Rockshox won't deal direct, I already tried. I too am waiting for BTI to get them in stock. Now I should have ordered that Boxxer Team a few weeks ago whenm BTI had a few left in stock
:huh:

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
I work at a shop, so my hope is that I can employee purchase it from Rockshox. If all else fails, I guess I could take extreme measures and get one of them white 40s.