Quantcast

2008 Diablo Domination Race Schedule

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
I have been looking around to mark my calandar for races and i found pretty much everything except for the domination sereis and the Gravity east series. anyone know when they are?

if you guys are curious this is these are the schedules for most ot the east coast races and series so mark your calenders!

PLATTEKILL May 18 DH 1
PLATTEKILL July 4-6 DH 2
PLATTEKILL August 16-17 DH 3
PLATTEKILL September 20-21 DH 4
PLATTEKILL October 18-19 DH 5
PLATTEKILL November 8 DH 6

US Open of Mountain Biking = May 23rd - 25th (Diablo, Vernon NJ)

July 12 – July 13, 2008 East Coast National (Windham Resort, Windham, NY)

USA Cycling Virginia State DH Championship = May 9th-10th (Massanutten VA)
USA Cycling National Championships = July 17th-20th (Mount Snow VT)

Iron Horse DH series #1 = May 31st - June 1st (Mount Snow VT)
Iron Horse DH series #2 = June 21st-22nd (Mount Snow VT)
Iron Horse DH series #3 = August 2nd-3rd (Attitash NH)
Iron Horse DH series #4 = August 9-10th (Mount Snow VT)
Iron Horse DH series #5 = Sept 6th -7th (Attitash NH)
Iron Horse DH series #6 (finals) = Sept 27th-28th (Mount Snow VT)

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
In order-
May 18 DH #1 18-May Roxbury, New York Plattekill resort
US Open of Mountain Biking = May 23rd - 25th (Diablo, Vernon NJ)

Iron Horse DH series #1 = May 31st - June 1st (Mount Snow VT) or Pats Peak MTB Festival

Iron Horse DH series #2 = June 21st-22nd (Mount Snow VT)
July 4-6 DS #1,DH #2 July 4-6 Roxbury, New York Plattekill resort
July 12 – July 13, 2008 East Coast National (Windham Resort, Windham, NY)

USA Cycling National Championships = July 17th-20th (Mount Snow VT)

Iron Horse DH series #3 = August 2nd-3rd (Attitash NH)

Iron Horse DH series #4 = August 9-10th (Mount Snow VT)
Aug 16-17 DS #2, DH #3 August 16-17 Roxbury, New York Plattekill resort
Iron Horse DH series #5 = Sept 6th -7th (Attitash NH)

Sept 20-21 DS #3, DH #4 September 20-21 Roxbury, New York Plattekill resort
Iron Horse DH series #6 (finals) = Sept 27th-28th (Mount Snow VT)
Oct 18-19 DS #4, DH #5 October 18-19 Roxbury, New York Plattekill resort

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
np ;) im still missing some but my callendar is getting pretty full. i still gotta get diablo dom., GE series, attitash, massenuten (however you spell it) and then snowshoe

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
14 races right there, plus say 5 dom races, 3 highland races, whiteface?, attitash, massenuten, snowshoe, etc. Easily 25-30 races right there. Could be a full season

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
happy new years everyone and happy trails! wish everyone an awesome 2008 season and hope you make the best of it.

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
14 races right there, plus say 5 dom races, 3 highland races, whiteface?, attitash, massenuten, snowshoe, etc. Easily 25-30 races right there. Could be a full season
yea im gonna have some overlapping races... i just hope GE, platty, Diablo and norba nationals dont conflict.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I'm pretty sure the bigger 3 or 4 mountains (snow diablo platty and highland(?)) don't overlap, GE is another thing though

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
I'm pretty sure the bigger 3 or 4 mountains (snow diablo platty and highland(?)) don't overlap, GE is another thing though
well GE always overlaps cause its oneor two of the series races of every mountain. like last seasone it was plattekill dh 2 and 4 that were GE and i forget which diablo race

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
thanks for the race dates, now i just have to find a gas station thats willing to sponsor me and my 12mpg truck...

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
Sort of, all but bleeding the brakes. I have work tomorow night so it will be an action packed friday night bleeding brakes and tweaking some stuff. I'll get it done for saturday and Shaun might come with his bros bottlerocket.

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
Windham? Have they been shuttling or is that new up there?
i think they will activate the lifts for the race... is a one time thing you cant ride up there. they were talking about it at the last race of platty and they said its the first time they do it and they just wanna have one big east coast race.

Nov 13, 2007
neptune, nj
domination schedule coming anytime soon yet? trying to figure out and plan the season like everybody else. may is around the corner. now that all other events are posted hopefully domination races won't fall on same weekend as other races scheduled already.

Nov 13, 2007
neptune, nj
freaking plattekill overlap. I can't do the first two or the last two. No august race?
schedule changed now due cause we had world cup on same day as diablo #3, it has been moved now to august 24th!!! all good now.
what do you mean plattekill overlap first 2 and last 2? it only overlaps the 1st plattekill and honestly race diablo, better prizes, better trails and closer too.
domination series don't overlap any races besides the platty #1!

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
When setting the 2008 Domination Schedule we were as careful as possible to not overlap any other dates since it is in bad taste. As of yesterday, we cross-checked the schedule with every other promoters website to insure that no overlaps existed, however, the Plattekill site had not contained any 2008 race dates and had not been updated. Lastly, we have historically held the first Domination race on the weekend before the U.S. Open and we will continue that tradition this season.

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
When setting the 2008 Domination Schedule we were as careful as possible to not overlap any other dates since it is in bad taste. As of yesterday, we cross-checked the schedule with every other promoters website to insure that no overlaps existed, however, the Plattekill site had not contained any 2008 race dates and had not been updated. Lastly, we have historically held the first Domination race on the weekend before the U.S. Open and we will continue that tradition this season.
yes there shcedule is up and i posted it at the beggining of the thread.

Nov 13, 2007
neptune, nj
who cares, overlaps one platty race, out of 22 east coast races, can't do magic here, only few weekends in a month, only few months in a season, it's fine, just go race diablo #1 it's always strong race cause a lot of people come and stay to race u.s. open the weekend after plus nobody is broken yet so you have nice competition to race against.

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
who cares, overlaps one platty race, out of 22 east coast races, can't do magic here, only few weekends in a month, only few months in a season, it's fine, just go race diablo #1 it's always strong race cause a lot of people come and stay to race u.s. open the weekend after plus nobody is broken yet so you have nice competition to race against.
screw the diablo race. i race for the course not for the prize... even though platty is way farther away there dh courses are better and more natural. more natural=more fun/variety

Nov 13, 2007
neptune, nj
screw the diablo race. i race for the course not for the prize... even though platty is way farther away there dh courses are better and more natural. more natural=more fun/variety
if you want my opinion on track quaility, go to diablo, never an uphill in diablo races, at diablo always professionally maintained tracks, groomed nice and a lot of rock gardens and mix in some jumps and packed berms too. not to mention faster lift too. it's more WC style trails.
if you prefer slow lift, long lines and the regular freeride trail between some trees with uphill between sections then yea plattekill is the trail for your riding preference. nothing against bob and platty trail crew building, they put a lot of effort into working, but sometimes there's too much hill sections for a dh race there.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Plattekill overlap was just the 1st race. The 2nd I think i'm going to be out at Whistler, and the last 2 (possibly 3) I'm away at school 7 hours from Diablo. That first plattekill course is going to be the snowy final one from this year, which I also don't think I'll be able to do due to previous commitments (no Diablo either). Damn.

edit: The only plattekill course that was absurdly uphill was the beg/sport from 2 and 4? and the beginner from the final which they basically had to change. But yes, pedaling up hill sucks

Nov 13, 2007
neptune, nj
freaking plattekill overlap. I can't do the first two or the last two. No august race?
there you go, platty changed first race to may 4th where there wasn't a race weekend taken yet. it's diablo opening day that weekend so you have to chose between 1st east coast race of the season or be at diablo riding their awesome trails after 6 months for the first time this year.

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
i think im gonna start off with some camping at platty. diablo should do that. let people camp right at the foot of the mtn... that would be sick.