Quantcast

2008 Diablo Domination Series Event Lineup

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey

January 10, 2008 – Vernon, New Jersey - Diablo Freeride Park, home of the U.S. Open of Mountain Biking, has officially announced the event lineup for the 2008 Diablo Domination Series. Returning in its fourth year, the five-event grass-roots series continues in 2008 offering the largest cash and prize payout in the east totalling over $50,000.

The Diablo Domination Series has historically been a hotbed for up-and-coming amateur talent and in 2008 amateur classes will be revised to include 2 separate age categories and a huge influx of top-notch prize packages provided by Diablo Freeride Park exclusive sponsors.

2008 Diablo Domination Series Lineup
-May 18, 2008
-June 29, 2008
-August 24, 2008
-September 14, 2008
-October 5, 2008

Overall amateur series champions (men and women) will receive Iron Horse Sunday ‘Team’ downhill rigs as grand prizes and top-finishing contenders throughout the season will take home suspension products by RockShox. “We have developed excellent relationships with our sponsors and as a result we have the ability to offer our racing community one of the largest cash & product prize packages in the nation”, said Shawn Orecchio, Diablo General Manager.

Planning for the 2008 season is well underway and Diablo Freeride Park has declared May 3rd as the official opening date of 2008.

For more information please visit www.diablofreeridepark.com

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
sooooo pumped. im happy its gonna be open till 7. that means ill get 3 hours of ridin in after work instead of 2. F'in sweet haha.

btw what are the age break downs? 0-18 am and 19-100? or 0-29 and 30+?

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
sooooo pumped. im happy its gonna be open till 7. that means ill get 3 hours of ridin in after work instead of 2. F'in sweet haha.

btw what are the age break downs? 0-18 am and 19-100? or 0-29 and 30+?

Two age brackets, young & fast and old & slow.

Sadly, I fall into the latter category, lol

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
wasnt your crash because someone moved the tape on the course?
Heh - nope.

My crash was because:

1.) I didn't take enough time to familiarize myself with the course (was running at 90% race speed after only my 3rd or 4th practice run)

2.) Was WAY too relaxed. Instead of being relaxed but focused I was just relaxed. Instead of hearing the normal music in my head like "Green Hell" by the Misfits or "Battery" by Metallica I heard "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong... just to give you an idea of where my head was.

Hey, I thought you weren't going to race anymore?

Couldn't keep away, huh? :clapping:
...wow did I say that - you must be thinking of someone else.

:biggrin:

Yep - couldn't stay away. BUT, my attitude and awareness are MUCH different. More course-walking, more slow-speed practice runs until I'm comfy, no rushing my practice runs, and lots of coffee / Slayer.