Quantcast

2008 morewood izimu

spork

Chimp
Aug 21, 2008
Hi guys, i'm a noob on here so i hope this is in the right section. I'm considering getting a 2008 morewood izimu frame, but i've read a few reports that the rear tyre rubs the seat tube on bottom out when the shock is mounted in the slackest position. I'm just wondering if anybody can confirm this or whether it refers to previous models. Any opinions on the frame are welcome too, cheers!

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I have mine in the second slackest position and with a 2.5 tire in the back it rubs on bottom out. I just suggest putting some moto vinyll or something similar on the back so that it isn't rubbing the aluminum. Not a big deal, it's a great handling frame. I prefer it to my Sunday.

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
I have an 08, set in the slackest position with a 300 spring (I should really run a 350) and Ive had no issues with rubbing at all? And Ive bottomed the thing out regularly so perhaps its a problem that has been sorted, I know mine was one of the last batches of 08s to be made.

On a side note, yes they are awesome frames, Ive come off a sunday also and cant quite understand how this bike can ride as good as it does while being so simple..just buy one would be my advice.

RedOne

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Nuremberg, Germany
I have a 450 and 500 Manitou lying around. Hopefully they fit on the DHX.
Seems that the Roco and 5th Element i ran in my last bike had more compression damping than the DHX.

Last edited:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I would highly recommend getting a RS Vivid 5.1 for it and sell the DHX. You will like the Izimu much better. Just remember if you do to get a spring 100lbs lighter than what yo would run on a DHX. Call Richard at Morewood 828-687-0788. He can help you out, even get you a spring if you don't have the right one.

Cecil

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I too weight around 190 and I run a 350 as well, but on a CCDB.

I would suggest a 350 or 400, but no more.

yo Cecil, he is in Germany.

RedOne

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Nuremberg, Germany
A 400 is ok for my local trails and jumps, but i will try the 450 next time i ride a real downhill track.

And as far as i can say that yet, it's really a great frame. Light, agile, and jumping is fun.

116CJ

Chimp
Jul 1, 2008
SLC
i havent had mine rub but i don't run it in the slack setting. I have a 400lb spring on there and weigh 180. I think i might try a 350 just to see how that works. i would recomend the frame though rubbing or not because it handles great.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
i have a 06 with a swinger 6 450# spring it rubs at full compression. i am 155# and i run it as slack as the shock fit allows. it has a crack or two at the shock mount welds, and sadly the rear triangle cracked last weekend in a.f. i loved the frame and want to ride a newer lower pivot one (or 2010:brows:). the morewood pivot is stiffer than a orange that is what i am on now.