Quantcast

2008 Suji Tahoe SL 29er.. Opinions?

jeepcj258

Chimp
Jul 12, 2006
Well I have been shopping for a 29er for almost a month now and have decided on hard tail.

I have a friend that can get me a Fuji Tahoe SL cost.

Do any of you have experience with Fujis ? Espcially this bike?

Any reason not to purchase?

I really can't test ride these at this time as no dealer has them in stock.

Thanks
Seth

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
do you have a link to the bike with specs?

I didn't realize Fuji was doing a 29er.

What is your budget by the way? That will help us to help you immensely.

Cheers,

Mark

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
slowride's list is a good one to start with for comparison purposes. If you don't need a suspension fork the Salsa El Mariachi complete is hard to beat. Also look into the price of a complete On One Inbred (check Pricepoint's price) - that is a pretty sick price for a complete 29er with great geometry - a kickass carbon fiber fork and the ability to go geared or single speed.

Also look into the offerings from Marin, Specialized and Diamondback.

Oh and I wouldn't rule out a Fisher with G2 geometry that might fit within that price range.

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
If you were buying at retail, I'd fully suggest going with either the Redline D660 or the Haro Mary. Both are better looking and lighter for less money.

Then I re-read your post, and it sounds as if you can get the Fuji for cost. Can't beat that price. Grab it. With out thinking. If you happen to not really like the geometry of the bike, but like the 29" thing, it'll be pretty easy to strip the parts, sell the frame, and get into something that may suit your riding style better.

jeepcj258

Chimp
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks for the input, that is quiet a list.
Here is a link to the bike
http://fujibikes.com/2008/bikes.asp?id=444

Martini, that is what I had in my head, if I do not like the bike, the sum of the parts will be worth what I pay for it.

MMcG The Fisher Paragon is by far my favorite bike but is way more than the Fuji. I have not found a dealer that will sell me a Fisher for a dime less than retail...

I really want a suspension on the front.