Quantcast

2008 US Open

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Shall we get some predictions going?
Sam 1st with a 2:43, followed closely by Jurgen with a 2:44.2, and either Fairclough (who's on monster energy now and I would assume will be at the Open) or Bryn in 3rd with about a 2:45 flat. Sam will be running downhill tubes. Yoni will make sure psp stays out of his podium shots (which will hopefully have better features than last time i.e. AWESOME WATERPARK CHICKS (jk)). Ideally there'll be discounted lift tickets, if not free, for those who don't qualify for Sunday. And the redbull projump will be a 40 foot gap now. With a croc pit inbetween. Now thats world cup for ya.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Man i checked The Appellation hotel fees, 300+ for a big room, 200+ for a studio.... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH....

i guess i'll be driving back and forth all 3 days from NYC....

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Man i checked The Appellation hotel fees, 300+ for a big room, 200+ for a studio.... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH....

i guess i'll be driving back and forth all 3 days from NYC....
That's not the only hotel in town there Deve, try the Appalachian hotel on 94 heading toward Warwick (not lodge, hotel), then there's the Sussex Motor Inn & Rolling Hills Motel on 23 & there's a couple bed & breakfasts also.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Appalachian Motel, AAA motel, on rt 94 pretty seedy but not bad. My house is open for 5 riders. Already have 2 so if you know me personally drop me a line and ill give you a free place to stay.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I will also be at your house and be guilty of goat slaughter. Actually I won't.

Who doesn't know Tufino, he's awesome and takes good pictures. Maybe Steve can take his place as a photographer and then all the little groms can bug him for pictures too!

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
ok back on track, looks like I will be at the Appalachin Motel if they ever get back to me. But time to plan everything else for the US Open. Someone said it should be around 70 entry fee, Is this the same for Open/Pro class also? Does anyone know if sunday pass will be free if qualified, and on that note what percentage of rider will be qualified on to sunday (or how many for that matter). It also states monday will be open for freeriding, is that going to be additional cost (free with registration would be great) and last but not least my son wants to come with but doesn't know if he wants to compete at such a large event, Is there going to be open riding that weekend or is it just for racers that weekend, and if so what is the outcome if he registers to see if the course is ok for him and if not he doesn't compete on saturday, and if the course IS too extreme will the rest of the mountain be open for riding? Sorry for the ignorance but first time there. Thanks in advancedd.:imstupid:

NJ Jess

Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
mtbnj.com
a lot,...when registration is. I know it fills up in a day for the men. Women riders can sign up even on race day, I think.

I remember that last year, if you didn't qualify, you had to pay for sundays lift ticket. And yes, the whole mountain was open for riding throughout the weekend. I remember Rocky Mountain's rider Logan was 11 and just missing being a top 60 qualifer. Book a room now if you intend to stay.

Dtufino has a youtube vid of 2007 US Open Diablo. In it, he has multiple shots of the last jump. Pinkshirts is, well, in a pink shirt with a camera below the jump. I guess you guys sorta "know" each other. Both very good photo guys.

Pinkshirts,...go ride Sprain,...you would be surprised.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Its like every other weekend at Diablo only with a line that was actually a lot shorter than diabloween. If you can find Yoni's US Open video that shows plenty of the course, and is real high quality.

The $70 entry fee (for am i think, pro was $10 more) only gets you a ticket for friday/saturday, and sunday if you qualify. Top 100 Am riders qualify, last year that was about 30% of the class. I believe Pro was top 75 (maybe, don't quote me on that).

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
FYI.... The 2008 U.S. Open webpage has been launched. Most of the basic information, ie lodging, format, videos, are available.... more info to be posted soon. For those of you interested in resort lodging, make sure you access Mountain Creek via the weblink/special phone number provided on the Diablo/US Open page to insure your competitor discount. More info very soon, there's tons of great things happening this year!

http://www.diablofreeridepark.com

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Sam Hill will probably be back w/ a vengeance, which will also include Fairclough cuz he's on Monster now. Riffle and Atkinson because they were there last year and did well. Maybe Sabrina. Who knows...

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Hopefully Needles (Andrew Neethling) and Kathy Pruitt will be back as well as the rest, they were really cool. Sick Fairclough is coming though, can't wait.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
how bout the dual slalom, any word on that? is it gonna be a groomed, jump filled course for a hardtail/short travel rig or is it gonna be in the rough landscape making diablo famous where big hits are gonna be the weapon of choice, I want to bring as few bikes as possible, so any info here would be appreciated.:imstupid: