Quantcast

2008 WR Fall Festival Flyer

TURBOLVR

Chimp
Feb 9, 2006
The sweaty excitement is literally running down Deez Ballz (Skeet-Skeet-Skeet). Speaking of are Truck Nutz still legal in East TN?

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Just to confirm the flier says $7.00 for all day shuttle. Does this mean they will have enough space to shuttle larger crowds? Or will we have to shuttle ourselves once limited space is taken.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I see what you mean. If 40 people paid and the trailer could only hold 20, then 20 are getting shafted.

If you are worried about it, then just arrange your own shuttle and no need to pay the $7. However, if there is one thing I know for a fact it is that after about 3-4 runs, the number of riders going back to the top starts to decrease dramatically. We usually never have an issue on there not being enough shuttle space, but we aren't really setup to guarantee dedicated shuttle space.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Isn't there a Hooters around to watch the UFC fight at? They have good wings. Or is this place that JeffD refered to just as good? You can not have a better day than riding the Rock all day and then eating wings while watching Brock Lesner destroy Randy Couture. Well, maybe if the above took place at this other "bar" ;) that Doug talked about before.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Uh, the EC doesn't have boob-tubes, but it does have... well you can guess.

Don't know of a Hooters close by. But in Oak Ridge there is are a few crappy chain restaurants. There are a few sports bars as well. Our we could just take over someone's hotel room.

BTW, I hope some of you guys are going to try out Windrock Park's camping and cabins.

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
If i can get my gears in my truck soon, i will bring my 16 ft landscape trailer to shuttle people if they wanna throw in for diesel.

is windrock gonna be open for 4x4's that weekend???

we can camp out in the parking lot right or no?

If i can get my gears in my truck soon, i will bring my 16 ft landscape trailer to shuttle people if they wanna throw in for diesel.

is windrock gonna be open for 4x4's that weekend???

we can camp out in the parking lot right or no?
WR will be open to atv's and 4x4 action that weekend and any other weekend.
Camping is no longer allowed in the parking lot b\c they opened their own campground but it does have camping, RV sites and cabins for rent.

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
WR will be open to atv's and 4x4 action that weekend and any other weekend.
Camping is no longer allowed in the parking lot b\c they opened their own campground but it does have camping, RV sites and cabins for rent.
is there a place to set up tents?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Just wanted to bump this back to the top.

Don't forget we have 20 miles of new technical all-mtn singletrack for all of your non-DH buddies to come and enjoy in addition to all the DH trails you know and love.

Furthermore, we have a few new trail features for you to enjoy. Mark masterminded a new section paralleling the high speed section of the Windmill Trail that is full of swoopy berms and a few new jumps.

We plan on leaf blowing all the trails on Friday morning, so the trails will be buff and so much fun.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Wow, we got some great bike companies int the South. Just got some emails back regarding donations to our raffle and everyone is stepping up big again. Cane Creek headsets, I9 standard J-Bend flange hubs, I9 DH rims, Specialized tires and components, Maxxis tires. This is going to be a good one.

We have also lined up one of our shuttle trucks and trailers.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Just wanted to bump this back to the top.

Don't forget we have 20 miles of new technical all-mtn singletrack for all of your non-DH buddies to come and enjoy in addition to all the DH trails you know and love.

Furthermore, we have a few new trail features for you to enjoy. Mark masterminded a new section paralleling the high speed section of the Windmill Trail that is full of swoopy berms and a few new jumps.

We plan on leaf blowing all the trails on Friday morning, so the trails will be buff and so much fun.
Yo Profro - Any schedule for events this weekend? I am bringing the "XC buddy" Along for some REAL fun,
He has an all mtn. bike and would like to hit the AM ride. Also might want to take a few DH runs
on a demo or borrowed bike. Just trying to see when-which day etc. the AM ride and when demo bikes may be there.

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Don't know about demo bikes and who will have any. But the local SORBA chapter is leading a trail ride on Saturday. I think they will start around 1, but let me verify that. The ride will be around 20 miles and pretty technical. Not dangerous, but not a greenway ride either. The trail is about 60% pure Windrock singletrack and about 40% old doubletrack.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
DO NOT ALLOW WEATHER TO KEEP YOU AWAY

The ground is so dry right now, that any rain we get will only make the trails better. The leaves are still down and we plan on having a big leaf blowing party on Friday. So the leaves will keep the ground from getting too wet. I expect when we blow off the trails the dirt will be in top notch condition. Please, please do not let weather keep you away.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Don't know about demo bikes and who will have any. But the local SORBA chapter is leading a trail ride on Saturday. I think they will start around 1, but let me verify that. The ride will be around 20 miles and pretty technical. Not dangerous, but not a greenway ride either. The trail is about 60% pure Windrock singletrack and about 40% old doubletrack.
Thanks Doug, How Gnar is the AM singletrack? If you got skills galore can they be done on a HT with a Good Fork and some big tires?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
A local supporter of mtbs will have a truck and trailer. $7 per rider and you can get in all day. Plus the HGR guys will be running their truck and trailer. I think it will work just like last year. Of course anyone can shuttle themselves.

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
There will be at least 4 of us coming up from the Nashville area. Should be good...as always!