Quantcast

2009.5 & 2010 Looking Good

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
The 2009 bikes that are available now aren't bad, but the second half of this year and next has a lot of new goodies coming out.

Evil
DW Link Turner
SC Driver 8
Demo with SH Geo and possibly 83 bb
New Boxxer will be available for OEM spec
Moorewood Makulu
New Fox rear shock
Giant DW ripoff
Intense M6 EVO ??
ICT Iron Horse Sunday
...errr, scratch that last one.

What else? I know there's more.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
The 2009 bikes that are available now aren't bad, but the second half of this year and next has a lot of new goodies coming out.

Evil
DW Link Turner
SC Driver 8
Demo with SH Geo and possibly 83 bb
New Boxxer will be available for OEM spec
Moorewood Makulu
New Fox rear shock
Giant DW ripoff
Intense M6 EVO ??
ICT Iron Horse Sunday
...errr, scratch that last one.

What else? I know there's more.

LOL Giant Rip off.. I like that..:busted:

The Moorewood is going to be the one to watch i think..oh and the GT i like the idea of Carbon Fiber

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
the driver 8 is a rad bike, got to rip a couple of laps on seymour this weekend, really really suprised me, rides extremely light, but still handles the gnarl exceptionally well!

after a wet shore lap

dave ripped it at the woodlot, and came away very impressed too...

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Superco Silencer

2010 170mm Lyric U turn???

2010 Giant Reign X (mini new glory..?)

You can call the Glory a ripoff if you want to but Maestro feels a lot different to me than DW does. Yup, the new Glory looks like a Sunday but it looks even more like a Reign/Trance!!

Somebody on MTBR did some nice photoshop work on this bike! He even added 10mm to the lyric!

Last edited:

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
From what I've been told there should be a few nice refinements to the Rotec RL-9 for 2010, hope what I was told actually happens. If not its still a cool bike. I'm also looking forward to the new RFX and Evil AM/FR bike, both of which I can't afford at the moment. I haven't even seen a picture or heard of the Evil AM/FR bike, but they would be stupid not to make one. All the other stuff sounds good too.

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
Superco Silencer

2010 170mm Lyric U turn???

2010 Giant Reign X (mini new glory..?)

You can call the Glory a ripoff if you want to but Maestro feels a lot different to me than DW does. Yup, the new Glory looks like a Sunday but it looks even more like a Reign/Trance!!

Somebody on MTBR did some nice photoshop work on this bike! He even added 10mm to the lyric!
That looks hot!

Although, I'm a bit worried by Giant's move to smaller pivot bearings on the new Glory. WTF are they smoking? As if they weren't bad enough before.

F*cking idiots.

Giant Engineer #1 : We need to shave more weight off the frame!
Giant Engineer #2 : We could save .08 lbs by going to little bitch ass bearings. Who cares as long as we sell the frame, it weighs less brand new, and the customer will have to foot the bill for all the excessive maintenance. Win for us!
Giant Engineer #1 : I like the way you think!
Giant Accountant : I'll get out the money shovel!

Last edited:

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
That looks hot!

Although, I'm a bit worried by Giant's move to smaller pivot bearings on the new Glory. WTF are they smoking? As if they weren't bad enough before.

F*cking idiots.

Giant Engineer #1 : We need to shave more weight off the frame!
Giant Engineer #2 : We could save .08 lbs by going to little bitch ass bearings. Who cares as long as we sell the frame, it weighs less brand new, and the customer will have to foot the bill for all the excessive maintenance. Win for us!
Giant Engineer #1 : I like the way you think!

It may only be me. But I haven't had ANY issues with my glory, or heard of anyone having said problems, were they really that bad? Im not sure as to what makes you think they were so bad. Not calling you out or anything. I just want to hear about other peoples experiences with it.

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
It may only be me. But I haven't had ANY issues with my glory, or heard of anyone having said problems, were they really that bad? Im not sure as to what makes you think they were so bad. Not calling you out or anything. I just want to hear about other peoples experiences with it.
My bad, that post was a little misleading.

The old bearing on the Glory are fine and big.

My beef is that they went with the smaller bearing similar to the ones used on the Reign X, which were bad enough on that bike, let alone the new Glory.

I predict major bitching from owners after half a season.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Hmmm... That super co sure does look flexy :imstupid:

I am still happy with my demo 9... Driver 8 does look sick though, same with the super co.

I just want those fly paper pedals with different crank configurations.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
My bad, that post was a little misleading.

The old bearing on the Glory are fine and big.

My beef is that they went with the smaller bearing similar to the ones used on the Reign X, which were bad enough on that bike, let alone the new Glory.

I predict major bitching from owners after half a season.

Ohhh yeah, Hmmm that sucks I figured I would ride the rest of the year on my current glory and order one of the new ones for next year...I probably will still do this, but thanks for the insight.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
2 more, sort of.

Transition - was already mentioned, but pics are now up.
Intense - 971, Socom 2, Socom EVo, whatever it's called.

Sea Otter in a few days so we'll see what else shows up.

If feels to me like we have entered a new evolutionary phase in DH. All of the companies have really steped it up as of late and there are a ton of great new products coming out. I have been around since the days of hardtails and 2" Judys, and I'm more stoked than ever. I dunno, maybe it's just my version of a mid-life crisis.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
That Superco is awful... It doesn't have bar plugs!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The upcoming year is exciting. For me, I hope to see what Giant brings to production this August, and the Intense 951 really looks good. After owning my first Intense for a few weeks now, (SS) I'm pretty stoked on them. The new bike has my wallet sweating.

I can't believe I'm thinking about Interbike in flippin' April! :imstupid:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
That Superco looks like a BMW Race Link to me.
Same guy who designed and handbuilt the first 70(+) RLs left his former company of which you speak in 2006. Superco is his new company and the Silencer his new DH bike. The Silencer shares none of the same specs as it's ancient ancestor. It's also substantially stronger and lighter.

The following links interviewing the designer/builder of both bikes will help clear up any "looks like the RL" and "same bike" confusion for people unfamiliar with the history.

http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/products/exclusive-superco-dh-photos/dirt-1234202.html (Good Q&A's differentiating between to the two bikes.)

http://www.littermag.com/2009/unleashed-superco-silencer-downhill-prototype/ (Great audio interview!)

Development of his work throughout the years leading up to the formation of Superco: http://www.ridesuperco.com/2008/landscape/

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yes yes yes and yes

two links doesn't make a bike a DW bike

repeated for clarity

two links doesn't make a bike a DW link bike

again:

two links doesn't make a bike ride the same or have the same characteristics as a DW link bike, just like DW usually says

but yeah...lots of lame stuff this season compared to the awesomeness of next.