Quantcast

2009 animal commencal/new commencal bike

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
There we go. Cedric was on that bike on and off last year. I actually got the opportunity to ride it a bit in Chile last year and seemed really nice (on stairs and cobblestones, ha).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
mmmm lighter trek session 10! looks nice!
i think you have your analogy backwards here... the trek session 10 is a commencal after eating an entire tub of butter and a box of krispy kremes.

I've ridden the sesh 10, and the supreme dh bike. the trek is a great riding bike, don't get me wrong, but I def wouldn't put it in the same class as the commencal.

dirtdigger

Monkey
Mar 18, 2007
N.zud
dont know if i dig the huge amont of leverage that will be generated
by the push rod on to the linkage?
i guess time will tell?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i have the hots for the mini dh. :drool:

the supreme dh (is it even called that anymore) looks way too slack to be used on anything except world cup courses. looks like they have lowered the pivot the point a fair bit too.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
yea, but unless it has a +/- 2 degree change in HA it wont bring it back to whats acceptable for mere mortals.

anyways, thats just a observation. i do at time complain about the HA on my commencal being a bit too steep. just that it would be impossible to ride on slower tight courses with such a long wheel base, which are non existent on the world cup.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Turner!

The pivot looks a bit low from the pics. With the lack of rear wheel movement, it seems like it might get hung up more than a bike for that purpose should. But that's only going on four odd-angled pics.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
was looking at that bike in the flesh yesterday and the shock thats in that one is the wrong size, its a bit on the short size. The atherthons hadn't got there propper shocks from fox yet so they just popped that one in for display so its not as slack and low as the pic shows. Its ment to have a 241mm shock but that one isn't. To me it will be a tad high for my liking i reckon around the 14.5" mark. I was chatting to the guy in the background of the pics in the grey t-shirt he was one of the guys from Commencal and he said it would be available towards the end of the summer. He also mentioned that the following version as in 2010 would be a bit lighter, but for this year they just wanted to get the geo, suspension and durability right before they started going lightweight. He did however hint towards the posibility of lighter tubing being used in the future.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
That photo is a bit deceptive, it's using quite a wide angle lens I think and the front wheel is a bit closer to you than the rear wheel - all accentuates the angles/proportions?

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
The new Mini DH for 2009 is based on the same platform.
I rode the 2009 Mini DH and 2009 Supreme DH in Tenerife last month, they are booth amazing new platforms with great geometry. I still cannot believe how well the new Mini DH railed corners and manualed, much lower standover and greater shock leverage ratio.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
anyone got a price?
-should be $2399 frame and shock
-should be at least 300-400gr lighter
-will come with longer eye to eye, 241mm is likely it
-closer to a 2.4:1 leverage ratio when finalized
-still the Commencal contact system, rod and rocker linkage, single pivot location at 40T
- lower standover
- lower c of g
- still will be the only bike in the world with adjustable HA and wheelbase without touching the shock