Quantcast

2009 Beech Mountain Triple Crown Series

RTaylor

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
Downhill racing returns to the slopes of Beech Mountain with re-introduction of Triple Crown Series!

Three race dates are set: June 27-28; August 1-2; September 5-6, so mark your calendar now!

Racers stay tuned...

Race flyer and pertinent information to follow.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Great Job!!!!!! I Am Glad Things Worked Out Up There!!!!! Now All We Need To Do Is Aline All The Great Dh Races In The South To Create A Southern Race Series!

Yes My Caps Are On!!!!

Cecil

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
This sounds Sweeeeet, nad is great news for the SE. My hat's off to everyone how has made this happen. Are we going to be able to come up and ride at Beech any time or just when the races are.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Is this for certain? wow surprize surprize! Three races?
Could only be cooler if Beech, Sugar, and Wolf were the three spots!
Then it would be 1997 again!
Brings back memories of my first Beech race on my xc bike keeping up with the GT RTS,LTS rigs!
I remember 80+ riders that year and barely finishing before dark!
I went to a Metal concert on Thurs. night and thrashed the pits til late in the ATL
Worked Friday as a Messenger (50 miles a day average) then left after work 5 1/2 hrs. to Beech.
Raced slalom finished top 4- Then raced downhill til' dark finished 8th-slept in my car SAT. night
Then raced two or three laps climbing that bitch ass slope in XC on Sunday.
Finished mid pack then drove home Sunday Night to get up and clock in at 9 on Monday.
Damn I am old now, I couldn't do that again if my life depended on it!

Funny thing is I think it was Eric Buck who won the downhill, top 8 in slalom
then won the Expert/Pro XC on Sunday. We were all hungry then!

Last edited:

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
Anyone know the status of 26 West for the summer and fall? This makes me wonder if it will be operating at all...
I heard it was open but they took the website down to save $ over the winter

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I know it's early but, since there are dates set, does anyone know if this will
be USA cycling license required? Trying to figure out my race season and
def. want to race these.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I have told you before, dog is not a nice name to call your sister.
She has a name you know:
Its Diamond.
And if you call her dog again, she is going to climb down off that pole, take off one of her clear high heels and pop you upside the head with it.;)

Touche,

But remember, she was YOUR sister until you sold her to me. Still not sure if it was worth the money, I think I want my $25 back.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Are you guys running the old Rock Garden just pass the road? One of the best and longest in the South East!!!!
Nope. We chose a route that cut to the left of the big ditch much earlier so we could use the rest of the mountain. Ryan showed me, that was a nice rock garden, but it looked very flat and relatively in a straight line.

...THIS IS GOING TO BE A NEW TRACK...

This is some of the best news I've ever heard on RM!! I got my start at DH in the triple crown at Beech back in the late 90's - Damm I'm getting old!!

Moto, if you guys need help with trailwork let me know - I'm not close but I have a flexible schedule and can make a day of it.

pierce09

Chimp
Apr 3, 2009
As of right now we will just be able to ride at the races. But there will be practice days before races.

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Just started makin moves on a downhill bike so I can partake in 850 vertical feet of gravity fed acceleration. Beech is back, and it's gonna be way sweeter to ride with a fresh coating of mud instead of a death sheet of ice!

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
I'm really psyched about this news. i took last year off from racing/riding and then realized that because of school i have to miss Clemson AND Massanuten, which appeared to be the only DH races in the south. can't wait to get back out on the bike again!!!