Quantcast

2009 Bike Builds

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
my bike is a secret, the bike I told everyone about is a lie. I would never get that bike. You will all just have to wait and see!

The303Kid

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Bergen County
Indeed, and some more bonedeth.

Nobody builds gnar with pallets like jerseydirt and I.
um well i guess some one didnt get the memo that i am actually the most gnar bone death rider and builder in all of the land, to prove it il let you know im riding a proto type 09 mazzuchi dj RIDGID thats right ridgid, its desighned to look like any other fully functional dj 3 but with not a milimeter of the travel, its great it weighs aton looks aufull and rides better then any ridgid out on the market these days

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
so there'll be at least 2 jedi at diablo this year.

just waiting on my frame to come in from Canfield, everything else is... 7 feet away from me. (except the wheels which are at Diamond in Montclair waiting to be picked up).

cant wait!
build list?

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
build list?
HA! I guess that is the point of the thread eh?

Frame:------- 09 Canfield F1 Jedi (L, Black)
Shock:------- 09 Elka Stage 5
Fork:------- 08 Boxxer WC (Black Lowers)
Brakes:------- Saint BL-M810/BR-M810
Shifter:------- Saint SL-M810R
Derailleur:------- Saint RD-M810GS
Crankset:------- Saint FC-M815A
Chainring:------- FSA 36t
Chaingaurd:------- MRP G2 Custom
Headset:------- Hope 1 1/8" (Gold)
Handlebars:------- Easton MonkeyLite DH
Stem:------- E13 Direct Mount 31.8mm
Seatpost:------- Easton EA70
Saddle:------- WTB Devo
Seat Clamp:------- Hope QR (Gold)
Pedals:------- Dark Cycles Arachnid (Gold)
Grips:------- ODI Ruffian (Gold)
Chain:------- KMC x9 SL (Gold)
Cassette:------- Shimano XT M770
F/R Rotors:------- Shimano XT 203mm
Adapters:------- Shimano IS 203mm F/R
F. Hub:------- Hadley 110x20mm (Gold)
R. Hub:------- Hadley 150x12mm (Gold)
F/R Rims:------- Mavic 823
Spokes:------- Wheelsmith
Nipples:------- Wheelsmith
F. Tire:------- Maxxis Minion DHF 60a
R. Tire:------- Maxxis Minion DHR 60a

Last edited:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
HA! I guess that is the point of the thread eh?

Frame:------- 09 Canfield F1 Jedi (L, Black)
Shock:------- 09 Elka Stage 5
Fork:------- 08 Boxxer WC (Black Lowers)
Brakes:------- Saint BL-M810/BR-M810
Shifter:------- Saint SL-M810R
Derailleur:------- Saint RD-M810GS
Crankset:------- Saint FC-M815A
Chainring:------- FSA 36t
Chaingaurd:------- MRP G2 Custom
Headset:------- Hope 1 1/8" (Gold)
Handlebars:------- Easton MonkeyLite DH
Stem:------- E13 Direct Mount 31.8mm
Seatpost:------- Easton EA70
Saddle:------- WTB Devo
Seat Clamp:------- Hope QR (Gold)
Pedals:------- Dark Cycles Arachnid (Gold)
Grips:------- ODI Ruffian (Gold)
Chain:------- KMC x9 SL (Gold)
Cassette:------- Shimano XT M770
F/R Rotors:------- Shimano XT 203mm
Adapters:------- Shimano IS 203mm F/R
F. Hub:------- Hadley 110x20mm (Gold)
R. Hub:------- Hadley 150x12mm (Gold)
F/R Rims:------- Mavic 823
Spokes:------- Wheelsmith
Nipples:------- Wheelsmith
F. Tire:------- Maxxis Minion DHF 60a
R. Tire:------- Maxxis Minion DHR 60a
OHMAHGAWD. That is a fancy build. I am guessing you are fancy person.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
You know, I'm not actually a fancy person... i wear old nasty clothes and don't groom myself too well either. However, I've worked my ass off and done pretty well for myself in the last couple of years, and yes... i like my fancy toys. More to the point I don't like doing things that are going to need to be constantly changed, build it once, build it right. I'm a very mechanical person and appreciate proper engineering and design, sometimes that tickles me almost as much as the actual use of the toy (be it bike, car, camera... whatever)

Same reason i bought EXACTLY the motorcycle I wanted, because life is too short to not get what you want if you can provide it for yourself and if you're gonna spend the money, why spend it on something you're just gonna spend MORE money onto get it the way you want. Plus, I'm quite good at finding bargains on things, and saved almost 2k on this build just by shopping smartly and dealing with people on a personal level.

I anticipate much h8 from the "parents-wallet" crowd. But **** 'em, I earned it.

Frankly, i just cant WAIT to see what this thing is like, and then i can convert the ReignX to a nice light trailbike without having to worry about breaking it again riding @ Diablo.

Frame is scheduled for delivery on the 14th, the shock should be done around the end of the month, and i just have to pick up my wheels from Diamond and I'll be all set. Oh, i also have to decide if i want to flip my brakes or just get used to switching back and forth.

Edit: this thing is kind of like the show-car i always wanted to build, but WAYYYY cheaper than the show-car i always wanted to build. Also it's something i can enjoy, unlike the show-car. Gotta take the triumphs where you can get them cause mostly life is disappointing.

Last edited:

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
cant have a nicer build then that..xcept i prefer fox 40 over boxxer... cant wait to see it in person...how come u changed ur mind from the bos to elka...is it cus elka's more xperienced with shox with the quads and moto and all??

u should make the reign x a nice light 4x/dj/trailbike

just curious...what car do u drive...and did u get that show car???

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
You know, I'm not actually a fancy person... i wear old nasty clothes and don't groom myself too well either. However, I've worked my ass off and done pretty well for myself in the last couple of years, and yes... i like my fancy toys. More to the point I don't like doing things that are going to need to be constantly changed, build it once, build it right. I'm a very mechanical person and appreciate proper engineering and design, sometimes that tickles me almost as much as the actual use of the toy (be it bike, car, camera... whatever)

Same reason i bought EXACTLY the motorcycle I wanted, because life is too short to not get what you want if you can provide it for yourself and if you're gonna spend the money, why spend it on something you're just gonna spend MORE money onto get it the way you want. Plus, I'm quite good at finding bargains on things, and saved almost 2k on this build just by shopping smartly and dealing with people on a personal level.

I anticipate much h8 from the "parents-wallet" crowd. But **** 'em, I earned it.

Frankly, i just cant WAIT to see what this thing is like, and then i can convert the ReignX to a nice light trailbike without having to worry about breaking it again riding @ Diablo.

Frame is scheduled for delivery on the 14th, the shock should be done around the end of the month, and i just have to pick up my wheels from Diamond and I'll be all set. Oh, i also have to decide if i want to flip my brakes or just get used to switching back and forth.

Edit: this thing is kind of like the show-car i always wanted to build, but WAYYYY cheaper than the show-car i always wanted to build. Also it's something i can enjoy, unlike the show-car. Gotta take the triumphs where you can get them cause mostly life is disappointing.
Get some.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
cant have a nicer build then that..xcept i prefer fox 40 over boxxer... cant wait to see it in person...how come u changed ur mind from the bos to elka...is it cus elka's more xperienced with shox with the quads and moto and all??

u should make the reign x a nice light 4x/dj/trailbike

just curious...what car do u drive...and did u get that show car???
dont you live in the city? been to diablo like twice? how can you have a prefrence of either when you have never used one?:twitch:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
out of curiosity, how old are you all? I cant wait to ride with you guys, I'm gonna need some training behind faster guys to get my speed back up. I separated my AC towards the end of last season and slowed down for the remainder. Plus getting used to the new rig is gonna take some time.

I'm 23 til June. FWIW

For the guy that asked, I drive a 01 S4 Avant, with some mods, she's waiting for bigger twins to go under the hood. I also have a Volvo 940 Turbo wagon running a megasquirt standalone with a big turbo and a bunch of fun goodies, and an old first gen Rx7 that i prepped for SoloII racing but then blew the tired old motor, been sidelined ever since.

I aim to have all 3 operational by the end of the summer. (i'm never gonna find time to find a decent woman, lol)

Also for the guy that asked, I went with the Elka based on a long conversation with Chris Canfield, he said that he and his brother had the chance to ride them (the Bos and Elka) on a Jedi back to back. We had previously spoken about how much they like the feel of the DHX5 over other shocks on their frame. He said that the BOS feels over damped for their linkage and the way it was designed to be ridden. Comparitively he said that the Elka feels more like a Push'd DHX (their previous ultimate recommendation for the Jedi) with better adjustability, and basically perfect for the bike. The BOS made the Jedi feel a little more dead, and it was not BAD, but they both immediately wanted to switch back to the Elka. Doesn't seem like you can go wrong with that information.

Last edited:

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
out of curiosity, how old are you all? I cant wait to ride with you guys, I'm gonna need some training behind faster guys to get my speed back up. I separated my AC towards the end of last season and slowed down for the remainder. Plus getting used to the new rig is gonna take some time.

I'm 23 til June. FWIW

For the guy that asked, I drive a 01 S4 Avant, with some mods, she's waiting for bigger twins to go under the hood. I also have a Volvo 940 Turbo wagon running a megasquirt standalone with a big turbo and a bunch of fun goodies, and an old first gen Rx7 that i prepped for SoloII racing but then blew the tired old motor, been sidelined ever since.

I aim to have all 3 operational by the end of the summer. (i'm never gonna find time to find a decent woman, lol)

Also for the guy that asked, I went with the Elka based on a long conversation with Chris Canfield, he said that he and his brother had the chance to ride them (the Bos and Elka) on a Jedi back to back. We had previously spoken about how much they like the feel of the DHX5 over other shocks on their frame. He said that the BOS feels over damped for their linkage and the way it was designed to be ridden. Comparitively he said that the Elka feels more like a Push'd DHX (their previous ultimate recommendation for the Jedi) with better adjustability, and basically perfect for the bike. The BOS made the Jedi feel a little more dead, and it was not BAD, but they both immediately wanted to switch back to the Elka. Doesn't seem like you can go wrong with that information.
For the record, I just turned 17.