Quantcast

2009 Canfield Jedi just got delivered!

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Medium w/ black links. BOS Stoy. MRP G2. I have all the components except the fork. The ironic thing is after waiting 5 months for the bike, I have to wait 3 more months due to a fractured wrist (scaphoid). Can't ride or work on the bike. Might as well wait for the new Boxxer.

2009 model looks the same except what Chris already disclosed: revised rear triangle (wider, stiffer and protects shock) and upper link. The headtube is shorter at 118mm.

Thanks to Chris Canfield (and Bullcrew) for advice. :clapping:

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Awesome Bike/Frame... the ONLY thing i really dislike from Canfield is the Chain Ring "C" logo.... maybe it's just me but i always hated their logo, but loved their bikes....

POST up a full build when you can, and Healing Vibes sent your way!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Those bikes are dope. I wish i could afford one. If i could, i'd just drive over to their house and grab one.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I think one of the locals around here actually designed that for them. I like it too. You recognize it immediately.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
mine is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday!

Gotta wait til the end of the month for the Elka Stage 5 though, everything else is already waiting to go on.

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
:drool: One of the few bikes I would trade my bb7 for.

I feel dumb now though.. for a few moments I thought the square tubing was some sort of wierd 09 suspension design revamp.

aPajak

Chimp
Apr 9, 2009
yo man, you have a chance to get a jedi frame even if you can't afford it. Canfield brothers have a contest going on right now til june 1st.

basically looking for more videos up on youtube. it was originally open to jedi owners only, but now is open to everyone. read the details on the link below for original details and then the part chris added below to get an understanding of what they are looking for!

-good luck everyone.

-i am not sure if there is already a link about the competition yet

http://canfieldbrothers.com/Video_Contest.pdf

Hey everyone-
Canfield Brothers is looking to get more videos up on youtube about Canfield Brothers Bikes.
We hear your comments and want to clarify what we want out of this contest.
Anyone can make a video- even if you don’t own a frame. If you understand what makes our bikes special, we’re looking for you. Even if that means explaining it without a bike in the video- Go for it!
Any Video will be accepted-
We will offer any Canfield Brothers frame that we have in stock for the prize.
The best Video that demonstrates how our suspension works will win-
Good luck everyone-
Chris Canfield

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Is it me or is everybody getting Jedi's now? Nice bike by the way, congrats.
Can't be too many, don't they only make 100 per year?

And after trying many many bikes i can say that my jedi is hands down the best for DH/FR that i have tried.

there is something to back all the hype about them

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Can't be too many, don't they only make 100 per year?

And after trying many many bikes i can say that my jedi is hands down the best for DH/FR that i have tried.

there is something to back all the hype about them
I am not sure how many they make a year but I am sure it's nothing crazy, it just seems like they've been popping up all over the place lately. I wouldn't mind trying one out myself.

Last edited:

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
it was a pain in the Butt to find one used (thats the only way i can afford all my bikes) Luckily Chris himself coughed his up to me.
sweet customer service.

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
The ironic thing is after waiting 5 months for the bike, I have to wait 3 more months due to a fractured wrist (scaphoid). Can't ride or work on the bike.

The headtube is shorter at 118mm.
reamed out seat tube to 30.9? I heard this was going to happen but I don't know if it did. I'm probably going to get a 30.9 I beam post and turn it down on a lathe to 30.4, those reducers creak so much.

I had a similar issue, spent all summer building it up, go to school and can't ride, come home for Tday break and end up in a cast for 2 months. I didn't get to really put some time in until 4 months after building it.

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
Is it me or is everybody getting Jedi's now? Nice bike by the way, congrats.
Considering the pool of U.S. downhills isn't really that big to begin with (compared to let's say baseball or soccer), and it's a good possibility the only way you'd hear of Canfield in the first place is if you browse forums, it's easy to put it in perspective that a good portion of Canfield owners will post on a forum about their new bike, making it seem like "everyone's doin it". Kinda a statistical way to view it...

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
alot of people on ridemonkey that know what a real bike is supposed to feel like ride canfield because they're amazing. i don't own one but i've ridden a few, and you really don't understand how amazing they are until you ride one for the first time

May 6, 2004
Have you had a chance to build it up and ride it?
BOS shock on Jedi sounds awesome :)

Medium w/ black links. BOS Stoy. MRP G2. I have all the components except the fork. The ironic thing is after waiting 5 months for the bike, I have to wait 3 more months due to a fractured wrist (scaphoid). Can't ride or work on the bike. Might as well wait for the new Boxxer.

2009 model looks the same except what Chris already disclosed: revised rear triangle (wider, stiffer and protects shock) and upper link. The headtube is shorter at 118mm.

Thanks to Chris Canfield (and Bullcrew) for advice. :clapping:

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Have you had a chance to build it up and ride it? BOS shock on Jedi sounds awesome :)
Not ridden it yet other than around the house. But I got it built finally earlier this week. Mainly with DH components like Saints, Formulas, Deemax, etc.

I still need 3 weeks to rehab my broken scaphoid which has kept me riding for the last 4 months. My wrist/thumb is sore/stiff just riding around the driveway. And I could only bend my wrist 30 degrees before I started doing exercises.

Chris/Lance really liked the BOS Idylle fork after they swapped in the medium spring. I was going to get the new Boxxer before I got a deal on a used Idylle.

Haven't weighed it yet. Probably around 38-40lb.

Last edited: