Quantcast

2009 cOLLeGiaTe 4x nAtIoNaLs

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I remember at Idaho nats back in '00 this rock drop-uphill landing-corner that everyone was getting destroyed on. John somehow (as in only person to see and attempt) found a straightline that allowed him to carry speed into it and gap the section. Animal.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah in some spots a dh bike is definitely a better option. The trail they used is actually pretty chewed up and rocky.

There was everything from hardtails to dh bikes. Most of the top placers (except for shusler) were on short travel suspension. I know wilson was glad he wasn't on his dh bike. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
livewire is a blast, and definitely rideable on a big bike.

Some sections are kinda tight for 4 riders head to head IMO.

Did they start at the top of the mountain, or only use part of the trail?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You know the part that's about the last quarter or third of the trail where you cross a road and head towards a big water storage tank? The start was on that road.
Yea that was kinda where I was guessing. Otherwise it woulda been a super long track. :rofl:

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
I raced it on my DH rig... for lack of another option. For most of the track it was the best bike but for the long flat first strait i couldn't keep up with the 4x bikes.

so i guess you could say i lost the race due to the big bike. guess it wasn't the bike of choice

fun race for sure!!!:D

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I remember at Idaho nats back in '00 this rock drop-uphill landing-corner that everyone was getting destroyed on. John somehow (as in only person to see and attempt) found a straightline that allowed him to carry speed into it and gap the section. Animal.
If he was gapping that on a pro course in 2000, and its 2009 now and he is still in college?
Awesome.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Yeah I went dirt jumping on some prime recently rained on dirt jumps as soon as the race ended. I'm a bike rider, not a documentarian. :D
Haha I hear you. I'm working on a San Luis project and filming is fun and all but when it comes down to it I'd rather just ride. :rolleyes:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yep. Not so much the visuals, but the groaning. Hard to hit that.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
omg, is jon on a 16 yr program at un reno? i was racing with him when i was a senior. he was on a gsr frame and carbon inverted fork. remember gsr? old dudes rock.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
nice video woo you really captured the essence of the day happy birthday wilson

watch out for next year and the course improvements to make it even more exciting and fun

INSIDE LINE YAAAAAAA

Handy Man

Chimp
Oct 21, 2009
Awesome. Now I just have to find some way to postpone my graduation another two semesters so I can make it next year.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
i dont want to spread rumors woo but there is some talk about running a 4x race this up coming season for the public racers. now is a good time to start the buzz and get the intrest rolling so we can convince the powers that be to make it happen.