Quantcast

2009 Commencal DH CG's new ride with pics

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
CG must be a marketing genius. How else would he get a company to custom build him frames when it doesn't seem like he's even a WC contender any more. Am I way off base thinking he's like the Anna Kournikova of the DH scene?

*edit.....I take it back, I didn't do my research.

I just remember watching that interview a year or so back about how he was going to take this serious because he was getting older, but not much seems to have changed.

Anyways, the thread is about the bike not CG, carry on.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
- a lower shock mount to increase saddle height adjustment, and lower the centre of gravity
- a wider 83mm BB to increase rigidity
- 200mm of front and rear travel, with a 240mm x 76.5mm shock
- ISCG 05 chainguide mounts
- the possibility to adjust the braking balance of the bike via the rear disc brake mount (not visible in the photos)

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
- the possibility to adjust the braking balance of the bike via the rear disc brake mount (not visible in the photos)
damn, so they are claiming that. and it wasn't some crap that single track world came up with.

as much as i love commencal, this is just stupid.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
CG must be a marketing genius. How else would he get a company to custom build him frames when it doesn't seem like he's even a WC contender any more. Am I way off base thinking he's like the Anna Kournikova of the DH scene?
He is probably the best all round rider in th world. Top 10 threat every weekend in Dh, podium threat in 4x, rampage style podium threat...

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
How is he not a WC contender anymore? He was going pretty good at the world champs till he broke his wrist, hes been off the bike since then

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
Yes you are way way off base
its "seems" like you haven't done your homework, 2007 was a veritable right off after his injury late in 2006 which he reinjured early in 2007 but his 2006 results were quite amazing, who else does both 4X and DH anymore other than maybe Gee and Dan.

2006 World Cup
DH #1 - 7th
4X #1 - 8th

DH #2 - 2nd
4X #2 - 5th

DH #3 - 6th
4X #3 - 10th

DH#4 - 7th
4X#4 - 11th

DH#5 - 8th
4X#5 - 6th

Crankworx Air DH 2nd
Crankworx Bikercross 2nd
Crankworx Garbanzo 8th (with a flat!!!)

World Championships DH - 7th Place

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Bicycle (race) business is not about results, it's about the impressions. Cedric has them. Cedric has put commencal on the map. Could his results be better?-hell ya. He has the mindset and skills to win every DH and 4X and huckjibjam, but that argument is as old as the hills.

Dumb post.

Jan 18, 2006
Nice bike! I guess this photo resolves any ideas of the crazy headtube angle that it appeared to have previously with the shorter shock mounted to it. I dont understand the business of "- the possibility to adjust the braking balance of the bike via the rear disc brake mount (not visible in the photos)" can anyone elaborate?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
I dont understand the business of "- the possibility to adjust the braking balance of the bike via the rear disc brake mount (not visible in the photos)" can anyone elaborate?
whats wrong there is that its not possible. changing the orientation of the brake caliper changes nothing. the moment created on the swingarm is still the same. the only way that braking characteristics can be changed is by changing the instant center.

like on barrels kona, the stock set up had the IC very far forward of the bike. barrels pro squat braking set up had the IC in between the bottom bracket and rear axle.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
Nice bike! I guess this photo resolves any ideas of the crazy headtube angle that it appeared to have previously with the shorter shock mounted to it. I dont understand the business of "- the possibility to adjust the braking balance of the bike via the rear disc brake mount (not visible in the photos)" can anyone elaborate?
i can elaborate to a degree as I saw and rode the bike just a month ago in the canary islands, however it was not finalized, perhaps that statement quoted above is a bit too general and has been taken out of context.
Commencal is not going to revolutionize brake induced jack on a single pivot, however they have something up their sleeves which is quite interesting and did show plenty of promise in the tests i put it through

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
It is certainly possible that they are doing something (floater like) that would be end user mod'able to change the amount of brake induced squat.

There is nothing in either pic of the bikes that show anything...so it is not realy possible to say if their claim is accurate or not.

It is just not possible to simply 'clock' the caliper to change these forces as was described in the other thread.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Yeah - that's what I was thinking - it must be something used in conjunction with some kind of floater setup, but by itself it just doesn't make sense.