Quantcast

2009 Commencal DH SUPREME

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
wow....someone ban this knob......if i was a mod, all i'd have to see is this post and this guy would be gone.....
no please don't ban him. I chuckle hysterically at every single post. I think maybe he's French. Doesn't matter! His posts are of an epic proportion. Sit back and watch the festivities. It's like an episode of PINKS!:clue:

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Chances are he is French he speeks and spells worse then your's truly. And of course we know how cocky the french are....IE Olympic 4x200 swimming French swimmer say's they will "Crush" the Americans...yet they lose.

DeafTrance

Chimp
Nov 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
Chances are he is French he speeks and spells worse then your's truly. And of course we know how cocky the french are....IE Olympic 4x200 swimming French swimmer say's they will "Crush" the Americans...yet they lose.
Well...every other team got crushed in the 4x200. How often do you see a difference of 5 seconds between first place and second place at the olympics for that event? Thats some crazy...

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I guarantee that noob is a ton faster than you are and he's no Frenchie. But no matter what he says, he's totally down the the cock....

Thing looks good Preston.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Too bad you're bike is not as hot and sexy as mine.

Yes, it has some cracks here and there...electrical tape holding the rear brake lever together, you know....standard stuff on an M3 really...

If everything falls into place for next season you won't be riding that bike anymore anyways, and then you'll think that whatever you're riding is the best.

Whatever, you're bike is pretty sick...even nicer in person but SOMEONE still has not let me ride it yet ;)

Oh, and it's on for next season (first we have to finish this one I guess). I'm training like there's no tomorrow all winter so you, me, bad ass and kevin will be on top ;)

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
An american calling another nationality cocky??????? Ok...
I know right?

AMuriKa **** ya

Hacktastic... you sound like gordon.. only a true cockmaster:picsstfu: would doubt my straightality. I mean come on fool wheres your fat D's, pimp hand, and bit*es

(gotta keep it up I've got people to entertain you know!):plthumbsdown:

ENJOY!

glad I can be entertaining. you should see me in real life. I'm pretty much the hottest thing to hit the mountain since.. the last time I rode it.:monkeydance:

Commencal's are the best bikes ever concieved by man, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if IN FACT the bikes are created FROM MEN. As in a real h adult man men human is transmuted by some crazy state alchemist into a bicycle frame. Seriously, someone should look into that because human transmutation creates humuniclie and is forbidden. Thats just wrong...

You know what else is wrong? the Olympics in china. I mean seriously, what a joke. speaking of jokes you want to hear a good one? You R tards... haha now that was funny. how about another random, un-related reference to the olympics? america kicks as$ and gets more medals in the olympics than any other country, those cocky french bastards... I'm glad the french care more cocky than I. who said me was I. hummm what more shall I said to entertain the mass hysteria that makes up this site...
:lighten:
I KNOW! I can do what I always do at races! Make fun of how much everyone else's bikes suck!

Azonic sucks, Yeti sucks, Kenda tires are pathetic, so are race face components, marrizocchi, crank bro's, Sun ringle, hayes is an oxy moron... Intense sucks, U SUCK, santa cruz sucks... humm lots of sucking here the list goes on and on. I guess to spare you all a noval of a post I will just say this..

Look at my bike, whatever I DON'T have on it. sucks.

AMEN:clapping:***

***The views expressed above are neither implied nor do they in any sense have any meaning. The author therefore senys any implication that the previous was a reflection of his personal views in any manner expressed or implied.

For those of you entertained by this, give yourself a pat on the back. After you graduate from high school be sure to get a life. Mom doesn't always make lunch for you, and you'll never get anywhere in life smoking that $***.

Now that was probably the most fun I've ever had posting on any thread, ever.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Wow. That was an interesting thread. If anyone still thinks Commencal frames are cool after reading all that then you'd be happy to know we recieved ONE S/M 09 frame from BTI that has an 08 paint scheme on it that is for sale. It is dope no doubt, i wish i could keep it for myself

Krispy

Last edited:

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I'm part of the east coast commencal gang that evolution alluded to earlier in this thread. The bike is dope of the pure Columbian variety.

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Nice bike, can't argue with the improvements and its successful to date season at WC level.

Very interesting reading the Athertons comments about there race rigs/ geo vs Cedric's/geo choices and what would make production!

Get some race shots up sometime when ya can, and represent ya sponsors well no matter the abuse ya take here dude that's all part of forums, it can be a tough crowd in here sometimes bit like DH racing, ride it out, stay loose!

Some numbers and ride reports if ya haven't already posted would be cool..
Cheers

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
why is the top tube so high? no real advantage? i know id love it to be lower, throw it down in turns and let it ride up higher in rocks, am i missing something? looks like it could be lowered to that intersection that the shock goes through

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
To the thread starter -
Just after some more figures:

- What's the wheelbase at your current settings? (centre of front axle to centre of rear axle)
- What's the shortest possible (exact) chainstay length? And when you measured the chainstay length was it from centre of BB to centre of rear axle?

I'll make my own inferences based on what you say (and keep them to myself) but to correct a few things you have said - an 18" chainstay length will have plenty of drawbacks on tighter, more technical tracks and many would argue that this is where a lot of races are won and lost. Also, the flat and drop crowns are only available for the upper crown on boxxers, and are to cater for different headtube lengths. They do not affect the BB height as they do not affect the minimum axle-to-crown height you can run the fork at. I think 13.65" is a good BB height number (my sunday sits at the same with 8" boxxer and 2.5" minions), 165mm cranks are almost a must though.

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Be interested in that as well !

Issue 74 of DIRT mag has a in depth review of the Athertons setup and why they like there geo updates vs the more standard geo Cedric likes!

Also the Euro courses are longer steeper and faster, though the all the Athertons talk about a new style they have adopted for this geo they are running for the longer wheel base, slacker ha note this is on there bikes not necessarily what's gone into production though its sounds close.

The designer talks about wanting the bike to handle faster rougher tracks better than the previous model, the increase in travel lower shock position actually allowed them to drop the stand over by 2cm looks low in ride piccs, sometimes static piccs make a frame look tall with no scale reference or rider!

According to the downhill tests in the article with the new setup and the old they were 10seconds faster on the new bike, they even swapped out the rear end with one of Cedrics rears and Gee and Dan could hardly ride it (shorter rear stays) they did say with there factory setting most people wouldn't be able to corner as you need to go fast enough to make it work, so they thought the production model might be more detuned!

Very insightful read anyways for what its worth!

Peddler

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
Auburn, CA
CV@VHVERMONT.jpg
Whoa, my head hurts...I'm suprised you have not been banned.

Cool bike dude. I had a chance to bounce around and ride Christian's at Mt. Snow.

keep it real.
View attachment 95915
Here is Christians build; we finished it in June in time for the 1st North Star race. He really likes the bike and we have used the adjustable rear wheel base. As I recall it adjusted from 17 1/4" to 17 3/4" according to our tape. It looks to be reinforced in all the right places and the 150MM/83MM chain set up was actually easy with the E 13 LG1. We would have no issue recommending this bike to anyone who is looking to get a new ride.

Last edited:

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
"america kicks as$ and gets more medals in the olympics than any other country, those cocky french bastards... I'm glad the french care more cocky than I."

Your choice of words are pretty amusing, seeing that those same "cocky french" are the designers of the very bike that you praise. "Commencal's are the best bikes ever concieved by man"

You could be joking but at this point I can't tell who is serious in this thread or not.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I would be interested in that as well(NO SPACE)!

Issue 74 of DIRT mag has a in depth review of the Athertons setup and why they like their (not there) geo updates vs the more standard geo Cedric likes!

Also(COMMA) the Euro courses are longer(COMMA) steeper and faster, though the all the(WTF is "the all the") Athertons talk about a new style they have adopted for this geo(PERIOD then DOUBLE SPACE) They are running (GIBBERISH) for the longer wheel base,(AND NOT COMMA) slacker ha(PERIOD then DOUBLE SPACE) (CAPTIAL N)note(COLON) this is on there bikes(COMMA) not necessarily what's gone into production(COMMA) though its sounds close.

The designer talks about wanting the bike to handle faster(COMMA) rougher tracks better than the previous model,(PERIOD then DOUBLE SPACE) the increase in travel (in the) lower shock position actually allowed them to drop the stand over by 2cm(PERIOD then DOUBLE SPACE) It looks low in ride piccs(pics not piccs),(PERIOD then DOUBLE SPACE) sometimes static piccs(pics not piccs) make a frame look tall with no scale (gibberish) reference or rider!

According to the downhill tests in the article with the new setup and the old(COMMA) they were 10(SPACE)seconds faster on the new bike,(PERIOD then DOUBLE SPACE) They even swapped out the rear end with one of Cedrics rears and Gee and Dan could hardly ride it (shorter rear stays)(PERIOD) They did say with their (not there) factory setting most people wouldn't be able to corner(COMMA) as you need to go fast enough to make it work,(PERIOD not COMMA) (REMOVE the word so) they thought the production model might be more detuned(WTF...not a word)!

Very insightful read anyways(COMMA) for what its worth!
:bonk::bonk::bonk:

Last edited:

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
"america kicks as$ and gets more medals in the olympics than any other country, those cocky french bastards... I'm glad the french care more cocky than I."

Your choice of words are pretty amusing, seeing that those same "cocky french" are the designers of the very bike that you praise. "Commencal's are the best bikes ever concieved by man"

You could be joking but at this point I can't tell who is serious in this thread or not.
I am going to assume your talking about me, i said the French swimmer said they would crush the Americans yet they lose. Also i never even said i liked the bike you dumb idiot.

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Geez you guys are wound up tight in here, skin suits too tight!

Either that or I don't get the sense of P humor:nopity:

Grammar nazis, guys posting some stoke people are adding some value novel thought:lighten:

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
I am going to assume your talking about me, i said the French swimmer said they would crush the Americans yet they lose. Also i never even said i liked the bike you dumb idiot.
This dumb idiot was not quoting you or referring to you. I was speaking about "ridingsupreme" if you read his posts, those quotes are from him. You dumb idiot.:biggrin:

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Escalation would be fun :D

He really is not AS cocky as he comes off on here about anything other then his biking. Really, he's a good guy but the cockiness level is still too high.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Escalation would be fun :D

He really is not AS cocky as he comes off on here about anything other then his biking. Really, he's a good guy but the cockiness level is still too high.
It rubs off (har!) when you're totally down with the cock like he is. Don't listen to him if he tells you otherwise. He's usually just eying you like a piece of meat.

Next thing you know he'll have a crotchless Commencal skinsuit or something. It's like he's still in the closet but the closet has no door and it's facing a bay window out to a busy street. If you get my drift.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
it Rubs Off (har!) When You're Totally Down With The Cock Like He Is. Don't Listen To Him If He Tells You Otherwise. He's Usually Just Eying You Like A Piece Of Meat.

Next Thing You Know He'll Have A Crotchless Commencal Skinsuit Or Something. It's Like He's Still In The Closet But The Closet Has No Door And It's Facing A Bay Window Out To A Busy Street. If You Get My Drift.
Hahahahahahahahahhahaha

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
It rubs off (har!) when you're totally down with the cock like he is. Don't listen to him if he tells you otherwise. He's usually just eying you like a piece of meat.

Next thing you know he'll have a crotchless Commencal skinsuit or something. It's like he's still in the closet but the closet has no door and it's facing a bay window out to a busy street. If you get my drift.
^^^^^^^^:ban:^^^^^^^

Ok thats it. tunnel run you and me. lol I Know you wish I was gay but the fact of the matter is that, no I will not go out with you. please stop PM'ing me for more contact info. I'm sorry to make this public but I would like it to stop. thanks.. queer bate

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Haaaaaaa yeah I'd go 1 on 1 on Tunnel if I had any legs/lungs right now (which I don't - 6" bike has been missing its derailleur for weeks). I hardly ride right now with the bikes constantly getting messed up and it being hotter than the devils asscrack.

happyhour

Chimp
Aug 17, 2008
Commencal screwed me over royaly. I had a 2008 DH Supreme and was lovin it. Unfortunately it was a terribly constructed frame and cracked in four places after only 3 months of riding. I wasn't worried about it because it had only been 3 months and I was the original owner, no problems with warranty right? WRONG, oh so very wrong. I work at a bike shop and know how bike companies normally work and standard policies. The bike brands we deal with aren't the best in the world with customer service, but that at least stand behind their product. Commencal ran me around in circles with a load of crap for almost 8 months. They weren't going to warranty it because I raced it. It says all over their website DH RACING Supreme. I have to admit, the bike rode well, but for a frame to crack in four places after only 3 months is absolutely ridiculous. Finally they realized I was not going to drop the issue, and after 8 months of arguing, they agreed to sell me a frame at a discounted price, which was still a rip-off because they didn't send it with anything (shock, hub, chainguide, etc...) So I basically just bought one at cost, F'ing ridiculous. I would rather slit my wrists then ever deal with this company again.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Hmm. Nice bikes for sure. But, these cracking stories are popping up here and there.

Love the bikes, don´t want to spread bad rumours in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.