Quantcast

2009 Commencal Mini DH

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
You are going to have to do better than a series of one line posts and links to your site. This is the last one.

Jan 18, 2006
Will these new "2009" bikes be available only in 2009 or will it be one of those mid 2008 releases? And I noticed the one in the video looks different than the pictured one? Is that an older design?

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
Will these new "2009" bikes be available only in 2009 or will it be one of those mid 2008 releases? And I noticed the one in the video looks different than the pictured one? Is that an older design?
The one in the video was an earlier version the photo depicts the latest and most probably the production. Which should be out before the fall. The new DH are slated to be available to the public in the fall. Not sure of the timing for when they will arrive in the states though.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
You are going to have to do better than a series of one line posts and links to your site. This is the last one.
i'm glad he posted it.....i come here because i can find a host of interesting stuff from other sites like sicklines, transcend, littermag, tractionmag, mtbcut.tv etc........who cares, he isn't plugging his site much differently than anyone else

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Was not my intention, I apologize.
:brows: and stuff.....

But, to the subject at hand, sick bike. The "one bike" market is definitely the hot ticket at the moment. That thing looks like it could rip anywhere...except up. But hey, who cares for climbing.

This time of year is a love/hate thing for me: so many cool new products and enough money to buy them.

OliverS.

Chimp
Apr 24, 2008
France
Evolution is correct the bicycle mini dh will be ready for the US maybe before fall the new DH is harder to know. We are taking new DH frames to US now in small number for team rider to try and test. They will have bicycle for show at events in the US. BTI is your distribution, they will have them and few riders from east coast and west coast. The new frame for the mini dh is much liked by the Athertons they use this type of bike most. thank you, my english is not best.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
i'm glad he posted it.....i come here because i can find a host of interesting stuff from other sites like sicklines, transcend, littermag, tractionmag, mtbcut.tv etc........who cares, he isn't plugging his site much differently than anyone else
ditto.....f'in uptight folk on here....

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
There is a difference between posting some good content and then a plug to a site, and just posting a plug for a site. This is not a link farm.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
ditto.....f'in uptight folk on here....
Yeah I'm sure you would all love the quality posts on here if we let anyone and everyone just post links to their sites. It's funny how everyone is an expert at running a big site like this.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
or lets not make this into something its not. Point taken, posting links to your own site over and over isn't cool, and making a habit of it isn't cool, but in this case everybody is stoked. you're efighting over different things.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Evolution is correct the bicycle mini dh will be ready for the US maybe before fall the new DH is harder to know. We are taking new DH frames to US now in small number for team rider to try and test. They will have bicycle for show at events in the US. BTI is your distribution, they will have them and few riders from east coast and west coast. The new frame for the mini dh is much liked by the Athertons they use this type of bike most. thank you, my english is not best.
that bike is looking really really nice, had dinner and a nice talk with dave last night in squamish (assuming you work for commencal, and thus with him), he's touring around with pete....was good to talk bikes, and andorra, I'm loving my meta6 ltd, but would love to give something a bit more dh dedicated yet short travel like this a go in the bikepark.....keep up the good work, these bikes are the real deal!

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Yeah I'm sure you would all love the quality posts on here if we let anyone and everyone just post links to their sites. It's funny how everyone is an expert at running a big site like this.
yawwwwwwwwwn.......we're here to look at bike stuff, he posted bike stuff.......we all win

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine
There is a difference between posting some good content and then a plug to a site, and just posting a plug for a site. This is not a link farm.
quit being a dinkhole. I like these posts. For one, it gives a lot of people an opportunity to see a blog/website and view content that they otherwise might not see. Secondly, it gives us all a platform to discuss the content that is posted.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Great looking bike. The geometry looks perfect for high speed corner railing. Not sure if it would work out as a "one" bike though - that seat tube angle looks overly slack for climbing anything.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Great looking bike. The geometry looks perfect for high speed corner railing. Not sure if it would work out as a "one" bike though - that seat tube angle looks overly slack for climbing anything.
I think the seat angle is somewhat negated by its placement forward of the BB.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The new mine DH bikes seems like great bikes for countries with no real mountains. You can still get the DH feel on a small hill. Great product.

And shame on people trying to plug their sites

↓
↓
↓
↓
↓

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know it will ride sick but I somehow prefer the look of the old mini dh. Seemed more sexy to me.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN

I was lucky enough to ride this bike about 4 months back and its truly is a treat.
- more travel, 160mm versus 150mm
- lower linkage and shock placement
- longer stroke shock , therefore slightly better ratio
- more seatpost adjustability
- it is likely that the production model will be slightly lighter

This isn't the do everything bike (no bike really is) it is designed for descending first, ascending second. It is perfect for bike parks around the world, either railing berms, smaller DH course racing (sea otter, etc) and riding up fire roads to get to some sick lines.

I can honestly say i felt the new lower c of g on my first run, the front and rear end feel very balanced and the braking was good under compression. You still have the adjustable HA too, so you can trick it for your local trails or when you take it on vacation!

If someone is looking for a "one" bike, it is the Meta 6, climb for hours in the steep HA and then rotate that head angle to full slack and she's ready to slay dragons.

Enjoy!

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
If someone is looking for a "one" bike, it is the Meta 6, climb for hours in the steep HA and then rotate that head angle to full slack and she's ready to slay dragons.

Enjoy!
come on pete, you don't even have to touch the HA and it slays the climbs like a mountain goat on speed! and it's oh so nice going down....
loose sketchy rocks, tasty....

dark forest ladder launchers, why not....

bermy goodness? hell yeah...

such a versitile bike....can't wait for the bike park to open

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I do know that on most major forums moderators and administrators make a point to continue off topic conversations via private message as not to gum up threads with irrelevant chatter. :plthumbsdown:

I was lucky enough to ride this bike about 4 months back and its truly is a treat.
- more travel, 160mm versus 150mm
- lower linkage and shock placement
- longer stroke shock , therefore slightly better ratio
- more seatpost adjustability
- it is likely that the production model will be slightly lighter

This isn't the do everything bike (no bike really is) it is designed for descending first, ascending second. It is perfect for bike parks around the world, either railing berms, smaller DH course racing (sea otter, etc) and riding up fire roads to get to some sick lines.

I can honestly say i felt the new lower c of g on my first run, the front and rear end feel very balanced and the braking was good under compression. You still have the adjustable HA too, so you can trick it for your local trails or when you take it on vacation!
Any comment on how it does in the nasty stuff? IE: rock gardens and other nastyness

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
I do know that on most major forums moderators and administrators make a point to continue off topic conversations via private message as not to gum up threads with irrelevant chatter. :plthumbsdown:

Any comment on how it does in the nasty stuff? IE: rock gardens and other nastyness
there was only 1 fairly long nasty section, steep, rock strewn, point and shoot with a bit of english to make the 90 degree at the bgottom and it took care of it with no problems whatsoever, in fact the extra travel and longer stoke were really apparent i was able to point and shoot it like i would the Supreme DH

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Straight top tubes are SOOO very XC. Otherwise, looks great. Around here 6-7" and slack is more than enough. Love the concept.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Just serve it with the right wine and nobody will notice. ;)

Only complaints I've heard about your bikes is the poor aluminum, a bit on the heavy side (still they tend to brake easy..), and for being such a big company as you are, your bikes should come in at least 3 sizes (last comment was entirely personal). Everybody loves the ride though!!

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
Just serve it with the right wine and nobody will notice. ;)

Only complaints I've heard about your bikes is the poor aluminum, a bit on the heavy side (still they tend to brake easy..), and for being such a big company as you are, your bikes should come in at least 3 sizes (last comment was entirely personal). Everybody loves the ride though!!
We have the Meta 6 in 4 sizes for those that need the proper sizing for pedaling efficiency.

The Supreme and Supreme DH will stay at 2 sizes.
The Supreme is also available in 24" version for smaller people and kids, not to many companies doing this now are there ;)

As for the aluminum, hmm not sure what you mean, we have not had a single failure in the mini DH in Canada. As for heavy, thats weird too, our bikes are average or lighter than most....

Thanks for the input