Quantcast

2009 DH season rough schedule please

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I have a kid (teenager) in my motorcycle club who wants to try out DHing. He has a park/jump bike.

He asked me when the next race was and I told him they were just about done for the year. He has motorcycle races the rest of October so the PO shuttle day is out.

What is the normal schedule for DHing in the NW anymore? I am from the WIM DH series era...pre MT Hood. :redface:

What is happening and when do events start up again next spring?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Rhino "out of the loop" fromWA

PS- read an article written by Bibby's uncle in Trail Rider (motorcycle) magazine this week. :) Small world.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
It wasn't "pre" Hood, just no one from east of the mountains ever went to the Hood races?
Mt Hood was just starting up when I was on my way out. I remember you and a few others talk about it. Never went myself.

Old School:

:banana:

'04 Suzuki RM250 2 stroke
"98-'00 Rotec Pro Downhill
2001ish Specialized Hardrock disc comuter.

Last edited:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Beacon will most likely be a 'go' - - no meeting in the near future to nail down a date. Sometime in May and hopefully not as late as it was this year.

Kyle and the gang must have some Moscow stuff on tap - - Moscow Arms Race will be a cool way to get a good feel of the venue later this month.

I'm hoping for a Schweitzer race next year too. They were ramping up MTB operations there this year, had the NORBA course open - - Altar Boy and all - - and I think they have an eye on doing something.

Plus, Silver has their Sunday series and Silveroxx.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
basically, if the moscow race has a good reception, we will most likley try to hold another one in the springtime. it will probally be late april due to snow levels, but that depends on the winter.

I know WSE wants to so a Mt Spokane race next year as well, plus the silver series and a beacon race or two and there might be an east side series!

basically, there is potential to have racing almost every weekend next summer in the PNW.

Kyle,

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
As you may know, the Hood Canal bridge is scheduled to be closed for May and June. The PA(Fluidride Cup) races will either move up to April or back to July, or a mix of both.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
As you may know, the Hood Canal bridge is scheduled to be closed for May and June.
YAAAAHHHHHH I love WAshingtons roads and transportation system, Sorry guys thats gunna suck for you all of you big time.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
You old throttle twister what in the heck are you up to?:shocked:
Ride'n...

Sweeping the WROCS series at Straddleline, etc.

notice: still rocking the old Rapid Descent Racing team jersey. lol

Not much racing but a lot of riding on the weekends.:cheers:

Tanuem Fishhook Flats trail

Working the check point at my clubs 24hr race up at Reiter Trails in July.

Last edited:

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
You and the Stump Jumpers better watch it. SW wants to give the moto scene a whirl. I've been doing some vintage moto wheelsets and and when Weezy is there you can smell the gears burning in his head. Should I tell the club "Sorry" ahead of time?:nopity:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Boy, all this vintage moto talk - - I may just have to scuff some of the rust off the old Suzi and get back into it.

Love the modified shock location on the rear. :biggrin:

Good lord I just missed "the good old days" I did have a late 70s Yamaha YZ 50cc bike. clutch, gear box, dual shocks of awsomeness