Quantcast

2009 EVIL Revolt: T-minus 10... 9... 8...

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
built up... nothing adjusted and i still have to instal a few things before it can be ridden... i'll get to it tomorrow :busted:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
built up... nothing adjusted and i still have to instal a few things before it can be ridden... i'll get to it tomorrow :busted:

WHY do you taunt me like this...? You KNOW I haven't received mine YET...

:biggrin:

Dave - Lee, Looks awesome! I really like the way the new Boxxer matches up the the color scheme of the frame... wait 'till you see mine.

This is inevitable so: weight? :)

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
Dave is your bike a Large or Med? looks big in the picture?

are you guys both riding the same size? Lee's bike look a bit smaller

congrats and please do let us know what you think. Especially compared to the Sunday.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
As low as a sunday, feels a bit roomier, head angle about 2 degrees slacker and ther is a very noticable progressive end stroke just prior to hitting the bottom..... Should be a fun ride. I love sundays and the above changes are the things I would have loved to see on the sunday platform if it were still around

Dave is your bike a Large or Med? looks big in the picture?

are you guys both riding the same size? Lee's bike look a bit smaller

congrats and please do let us know what you think. Especially compared to the Sunday.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
So have they changed the swing arm at all, like they said they would, for the production models?
As far as I understand, the production bikes have the originally planned larger, stiffer, and lighter tubing, wheras the very first black prototypes had smaller and non-production stays.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That bike looks soooooooooo sweet! Me wants.

And I think that this proves wrong all the naysayers who thought that Evil would never go anywhere when it was originally announced they were making a comeback (and didn't show any bikes at the time).

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
As low as a sunday, feels a bit roomier, head angle about 2 degrees slacker and ther is a very noticable progressive end stroke just prior to hitting the bottom..... Should be a fun ride. I love sundays and the above changes are the things I would have loved to see on the sunday platform if it were still around
what size did you guys get?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Thanks for the support everyone!

Dave & Lee have mediums.

As _dw mentions, the OG protos were made fast and rough. The tubing was a bit of "what does the factory have around that will work". The overall use of those first bikes was to validate the geometry and the suspension. the ones seen above are truly some of the first production batch.

Just a note that they ship with DHX5.0's and the brothers Trumpore swapped in Vivid's.

-ska todd

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
Curious as to the look/sizing of the small frame? Wondering if the seat mast is as high on the size small or continues the nice and short stand over for us not so tall blokes.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
A couple of small frames have shipped out. I don't have a pic though on me. The ST length on the production small is 385mm and 424mm on the M/L/XL. We have the ultimate pint-sized test rider in Gaber ;)

-ska todd

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Are there any other companies around that actually do what _dw and ska todd do? Post up on smaller forums like RideMonkey, answer questions, and generally support their customers in almost a "live-and-up-to-date" manner?

My next bike will be a revolt, without a question.

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
A couple of small frames have shipped out. I don't have a pic though on me. The ST length on the production small is 385mm and 424mm on the M/L/XL. We have the ultimate pint-sized test rider in Gaber ;)

-ska todd
Nice! Small frame sizing can be deceiving but it seems you made a true small.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
There is a reason my last two bikes were sundays and the new one is an Evil

Todd.... As always thanks for all the help for yet another year...

Are there any other companies around that actually do what _dw and ska todd do? Post up on smaller forums like RideMonkey, answer questions, and generally support their customers in almost a "live-and-up-to-date" manner?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006

Turner, Intense, Sinister, Marzocchi, a few others. There's a lot more of that going on over on MTBR on the manufacturer forums.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Could one of the Trumpore brothers measure the actual WB length as pictured? Just curious how it lines up with the claimed numbers. If you want to share BB height and any other measurements that'd be cool too.

Also it's so good to see the ST length is the same for M/L/XL. Looks a little on the long side but at least it stays like that for the bigger sizes rather than getting stupidly long. :)

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Yep the medium seat tube length should be the same as the small IMO. I was gutted it was 17.25" when I measured it.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
You were really that upset about the length of the seat tube?

I've ridden a medium and felt comfortable on it in less than a lap coming off of my 7point. I hit a few doubles faster than normal and definately railed the turns faster. The biggest issue I had was banging pedals on the ground trying to pedal faster in sections that I'm normally on the brakes for.

I know Kevin likes to ride his seat high, about even with the top of the head tube, and it shows in this bike. I do appreciate the ST length though because it will allow some adjustment up for the rare occasion that I'll pedal a DH bike very far. There is definately enough room to drop the seat down low.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
It's not just the Revolt. I think the seat tubes on a lot of S/M DH bikes are too long. Everyone is banging on about weight and we've got all this pointless seat tube. Especially when you can run a 400mm seat post !

Wouldn't stop me buying the Revolt though. It's an interesting frame.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Udi, here are the production numbers.

The ST length was changed after many people said they prefer some room for adjustment depending on tracks and/or ride conditions. Also gives more options for posts since not everything comes in jumbo Thomson lengths. We kept the small at 15" but changed the other sizes to almost 17'.

-ska todd

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I haven't personally measured Thomas' but the bike shown above measures just under 17" center-to-top w/ the clamp on, so I'd say it's dead on w/o the clamp.

-ska todd

cubebiker

Chimp
Apr 9, 2008
Because this nasty little fairy thing behind me is executing some heavy pressure for leaving the house and go shopping :bonk: I'll ask instead of search: How is the frameweight?

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
Udi, here are the production numbers.

The ST length was changed after many people said they prefer some room for adjustment depending on tracks and/or ride conditions. Also gives more options for posts since not everything comes in jumbo Thomson lengths. We kept the small at 15" but changed the other sizes to almost 17'.

-ska todd
Reach?
Stack?