Quantcast

2009 Fox 40 Reviews

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Hey, so i'm going to pick up a 2009 Fox 40 RC2... i have heard that the forks of the previous years had some issues or another.... with the 2009 are these issues resolved?

I am running a Rockshox Vivid on the back, should i change to a DHX?

thanks guys.....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think the teething issues with the 40 were settled in 08. The 09 adds a few features, but I thought most of the *major* issues were still present...things like problems with the damper seals, oil volume, things like that. The basic gist I got was that the difference between the 08 and 09 was not great enough to justify a huge price increase, but the 09 is a better fork.

For the rear shock, most folks dig the vivid more than the DHX. Keep in mind that somewhere down the line, I think the 40 is made by rockshox...in other words, there's no reason to have matching brands for shocks.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
My girlfriend is on an 09 dhx and 09 40. She likes em, but isn't the most articulate rider about what's going on with her bike so there's not much else to say about it. She came off of a zoke 66 and zoke roco wc.

What I noticed in messing with her 40 is that the adjustment knobs actually seem to have an effect when you move them. A big step up from older 40s