Quantcast

2009 Glory

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Is this it?
Looks awesome! I hated the look of those saints by themselves but they dont look bad with the giant lettering.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
That can't be stock bike for next year. Look at the bars and there is plenty of spacers below the stem too - holy bar hight batman.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Is this it?
Looks awesome! I hated the look of those saints by themselves but they dont look bad with the giant lettering.
taking a 2nd look at this, i gotta agree. it doesn't look good alone, but with the giant logo and the color combo, it works. prolly not gonna be as nice on other-logo frames.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
People associated with Giant say that the Glory DH will be going on a diet for 2010 and that it's definitely worth the wait.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
When the 08 version was anouced I was wishing for it to be lighter... for 09 still nothing? we'll have to wait till 2010? what the hell! The glory is by far one of the best DH frames available (at least to be). It just feels spot on. The only problem, must I say, BIG problem, is the whole weight of the bike (the frame weighs a ton!), you even have to put a Ti or Alu axle in the back to lower the weight! oh well, till 2010 then....

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
People associated with Giant say that the Glory DH will be going on a diet for 2010 and that it's definitely worth the wait.
why wait 4+ years to redesign it and get it to a competitive weight......shoot, with the financial clout that giant has, they should have been able to make a raceable dh frame that wieghs less than 14 pounds 3 years ago, not in 2010......they need to hurry up.....also sending them with a aluminum axle would probably save them money, and they just might sell more frames when the can list the weight as .5 lbs lighter......

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i found out today that the is not the 2009 glory. it is a glory from another country. if you go on giants web site and look through all the different countries you will see diff colors and commentary

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
yeah , i read somwere that the new frame was at the otter ,
but they didnt show it for some reason. oh ,also read that there is no glory hole !

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
That is not the 09 Glory. I have been told by some people from Giant the G-Hole will be no longer in 09 plus the frame will be about 2+lbs lighter. I am sure you will start to see pics of it sometime by mid season. I think this one is just another color choice in another country for 08.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
wow that thing is pure sex. im gonna have to talk to my giant rep at the demo on sunday and see what he says.
not even worth the try. it would be near impossible. Jeff lenosky had a hard time trying to get them to import his own bike from japan!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i wish the 09 was that color! but I'm kind of disappointed about the no glory hole thing.... the mechanic at my shop just built up a 38lb glory!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
that is an 09, the frame is slightly different. the top tube on the 08 and 09 are not the same. other than that its the same. kinda hard to tell what the geo is just by lookin at it.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yea my bad, i was lookin at mine and the top tube is different. thats bc mine is a large and the one pictured might be a small. i didnt even think of that. my bad.