Quantcast

2009 Karpiel Disco Volante & Elka Stage 5

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Finished my new Disco last week, Patrick @ Elka was kind enough to send out a Stage 5 for me to try out on the 2009 Disco. First ride will be tomorrow:thumb:

Last edited:

loolilon

Chimp
May 23, 2009
israel
they are looking sick!!!!!!
need to know how they react on track?,plush deep travel? what is the bike weight?i know that the price tag is high almost 3000$ hope they are that good

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
they are looking sick!!!!!!
need to know how they react on track?,plush deep travel? what is the bike weight?i know that the price tag is high almost 3000$ hope they are that good
I've been riding one since September 2008, way different bike than before. The Long frame with Ti spring weighs 10lb 3oz, not too bad. $2999.00 US is about average for a good DH bike, plus it's not a mass produced frame out of Asia. Bike pedals extreamly well, and suspension feels great and very adjustable.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
nope he can't he's been owning (not necessarily riding ;) ) karpiels for like 2000 years now...

sick bike Brian!
OUCH!!!! That one hurt!!!! Actually rode the last 2 weekends in a row (since I finished this bike),took a month break as I've been really busy with my sons baseball games on the weekends. I've pedaled a Jedi around, that too is a very nice bike. The new Karpiel Disco is really worth checking out!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
You don't stand a chance!!!!!!!!:cheers:;)
Well, the way I see it, the polished look could reflect the sun right into my eyes and blind me.

But, if we rode on an evening at dusk, my flat-black frame would sneak up on you like death... creeping.... creeping... creeping... Ready to strike.

:D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
So far very impressed with the shock. Two days at Northstar and it felt great. I wish I would have brought the 450lb (ran the 400lb) spring to try out, but left it on the workbench:( The bike it self was quite amazing, it pedals extremely well and handles superbly:thumb:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Brian - As you know I have been doing a lot of shopping around for parts lately and I found these. I thought they would like great on your bike since you have a lot of red accessories:D

Attachments

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Thanx maing :) Full size shots of it...

The outter edge of the vertical support betweent the swingarm and the comp stays really needs some chain protection.

Don't know about the Elka, but the Roco allows for (almost) the full rotation of the upper cam to the slackest head angle.

Did you get my msg about the fork spring? I feel like a Doomass!

BTW, does Karp have a booth at I'bike? Are you going? If you are, take lots of shots of what's coming for '10. :D

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Did you get my msg about the fork spring? I feel like a Doomass!

BTW, does Karp have a booth at I'bike? Are you going? If you are, take lots of shots of what's coming for '10. :D
Yep, got your message. I'll be at Interbike Tue & Wed. Unfortunately Karpiel wont be there. However Elka will have one of my frames on display with a Stage 5 shock.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
How do you like your Saints? I actually put a set on my bike and really like them.
Well, since I started w/ the Saints, I have no basis for comparison, at least on this bike. It installs easy, fits well, and functions w/o any flaws. I'm pretty sure I can't ask anything more out of a set of cranks. :thumb:
They're in the same class of cranks as the RF Diablow-us DH (on my Nomad), but much lighter.
Mine are 170mm. May have only wished for a set of 165s instead. Other than that, they're 100%.