Quantcast

2009 Manitou Dorado

Jun 16, 2008
Well maybe they'd let me have a go cause I was one of many US junior racers to test the 08-09 fox 40. And I even tested the Nickle Stanctions =) Awesome fork cant wait for it!

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
I'll wait for the second or third year.
The TPC+ in my 05 Dorado is the best damping I've ever felt in any fork, hands down.
But unfortunately Manitou makes it.
Thing has had problems constantly. And its being worked on by a guy who knows them like the back of his hand so its not like some hack is jacking with it messing it up.
So I bought a Boxxer.
Hopefully Hayes can turn the company around and make it a reliable fork, that way I can feel good about getting back on one.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Well I type fast so thats the problem im 15 and am racing this bike at NORTHSTAR tomorrow in JR X ill post on here how it goes. I love my 40 but I used to race Motocross and Arenacross and Loved the inverted design.

My freinds dorado the new proto I can do corners the same except when on my 40 the compression is unbelieveable and i can jump rock gardens and just have alot easier time skimming stuff the dorado just wasnt as " Dialed " as my 40 and of course my freind weighs 25 pounds less than me

I do infact want one I broke 2 old red ones cause they would loose the oil and bottom out bad and I broke one bottoming it out on a rock garden. They were awesome tho except for the oil loss =(

Don't they have mandatory english class where you attend school???

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well maybe they'd let me have a go cause I was one of many US junior racers to test the 08-09 fox 40. And I even tested the Nickle Stanctions =) Awesome fork cant wait for it!
I remember you! You used to have a different user name. You're the annoying kid from sponsorhouse that everyone hates! Jake something-or-other.

And now you're back, great.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Awesome. Next time someone mistakenly asks about a triple crown fork, they're getting that picture.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
HAHA :D

what do you guys think, will i get one for free if i tell them that i was one of the stupid ****ers who bought a dorado x works... ^^
Nah they'll charge you double. They figure if you bought that thing oyu will probably pay double for something remotely better.:biggrin:

CTR

Chimp
Sep 1, 2002
Australia
Many of the youngins round here don't remember that "era" in our sport's history. 6 or 7 years ago they were still watching Teletubbies and drinking their Capri Suns.

-ska todd
Rennies yeti with the double top crown Dorados was for sale recently at my lbs, I almost bought as a piece of sporting memorabilia.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
I so want a Bos fork but as said it crazzzzzzzy money....
The manitou looks good but did no one tell them gold went out like 10 years ago????:poster_oops:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
HAHA :D

what do you guys think, will i get one for free if i tell them that i was one of the stupid ****ers who bought a dorado x works... ^^
Probabaly was a different issue for you as you had a distibutor to deal with, but I had the same fork and un-ending issues. Constantly puncturing the air bladder, never kept oil in it (was usually on my brake disc), HORRIBLE small bump compliance.... they even did the 'offical fix' which consisted of taking a 1mm drill bit and drilling a hole right through the main compresion piston....that still did not work....it would just bottom all the time.

I finally called them and asked them if they thought it was 'correct' that I now owned an $1800 fork with the damper (fixed orifice) tech of a $50 walmart bike.

They pondered the question or a bit and then gave me ALL of my money back for the fork.

That POS was the epitome of consumer testing adn proved to be so bad that even months after its release, they had no Idea how to even attempt a fix...

but in the end those guys did me right!!