Quantcast

2009 mongoose dh&ss bike ???

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
good question? i'm not sure if Busby was the Original designer of the gear box?....as far as i know it was built before i got on GT in 98.

i remember walking into that area and seeing the bike and i couldn't hold my grin...i was so stoked to be on GT and then to see all these proto bikes like a gear box bike was awesome.
If you talk to Aaron from Lahar he'll say GT copied his first bikes when they started their gearbox program. Could be possible but its probably a good thing since GT are now bring the technology to the masses.

As for shortening the boxxer WC its just a couple of spacers clip onto the shaft under the air piston in the negative chamber. Most air forks make it pretty easy to reduce the travel

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
If you talk to Aaron from Lahar he'll say GT copied his first bikes when they started their gearbox program. Could be possible but its probably a good thing since GT are now bring the technology to the masses.

As for shortening the boxxer WC its just a couple of spacers clip onto the shaft under the air piston in the negative chamber. Most air forks make it pretty easy to reduce the travel
Aaron would probably also point out the phenomenon of "synchronicity"... iirc he didn't claim to have been the original/only inventor of gearboxes in bicycles?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Wow...see now y'all are just way over my head! And I can't think straight through all the jealousy, BC! But I can sort of imagine what it would be like walking into a room full of protos....kinda...!

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
I am glad to see Mongoose back in the race game. The size of that trailer they have is amazing and it was at the US Open for Neethling and at Mount Snow for EC only. A trailer and a company that size should be supporting more riders and the sport also.

At Mount Snow I felt bad for the guy trying to get the awnings set up on the trailer by himself in the rain too. Maybe they also need a few more guys in that race support vehicle. (I did help him a little).

Now come on GT, you have a huge trailer too, (was at the Open for Bryn Atkinson only also)

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
I am glad to see Mongoose back in the race game. The size of that trailer they have is amazing and it was at the US Open for Neethling and at Mount Snow for EC only. A trailer and a company that size should be supporting more riders and the sport also.
If I'm not mistaken, and EC can correct me on this, but Mongoose is supporting more riders through EC's brainchild, the Tribe. I remember reading somewhere that Tribe members are able to use the Mongoose trailer/mechanic in emergency situations (ie, like any mx manufacturer support at a Regional or Loretta Lynns qualifer I guess!) at no cost. It may not be factory level support like Neethling or EC receive, but it's a damn good grassroots program that not many other companies out there offer. From the sounds of it, the Tribe and the mongoose support system is only going to continue growing.......hopefully we'll see the 'goose stuff a little more on the east coast this year, maybe EC will even come to the US Open or one of the Snowshoe races?!?!?!?! Eh, EC, what'cha think?!?!?!!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
It's the 2nd month of 2008 and you're going to wait until the 09 models are available? :twitch:
Hahah, I've got a DH bike I'm pretty happy with right now, so until something else totally sweet comes along I'm fine with what I got.

Thrill-

I haven't been able to make any Fontana races yet, but that's going to change if I can help it.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Thrill-

I haven't been able to make any Fontana races yet, but that's going to change if I can help it.

Man...I live in SOUTH DAKOTA...get your ass to a race if only because they're having one in your state right now! Do it for ME, man!
And yeah, I had to buy a Mongoose to try one, I'm stoked to see ANY bike around here that isn't from Walmart or at very best say Trek or Giant on it. Then I go and buy a Mongoose and have to explain that no, I didn't lose my mind, and yes I DID tell that kid to NOT huck his $60 Mongoose off that drop he held the camera for...

The Booter, huh? Kooky...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA

At Mount Snow I felt bad for the guy trying to get the awnings set up on the trailer by himself in the rain too. Maybe they also need a few more guys in that race support vehicle. (I did help him a little).

Now come on GT, you have a huge trailer too, (was at the Open for Bryn Atkinson only also)
I think the companies are doing what they can. You look at most teams, and they're not what they use to me. Goose, has EC, Needles, and John Hauer on the Factory team, with two guys on the freeride side. Plus EC tribe team, which mongoose is helping out. GT has more than Bryn, he may have been the only rider at the open, but they have Jill, two XC guys, a ton of BMX guys, plus the Jelly Belly road team they sponsor.

Mongoose also was a big sponsor or Rays place in Cleveland too. I'd say they're doing what they can over there.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
e-fights are dope

the wc cant be set to 7" like 40s, so it would be a little much for a khyber. in the picture, the left bike is a dh bike, ecd or watever is to come.
Boxxer WC's air's can be set to 7 inchs. I have done it, just put some spacers in with the rubber bumpers.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Hell, yeah, they brought back Maurice! That's the best part of the entire new lineup!

EC...what kinda discount do I get for having a Maurice tattoo? I've got this one bare spot that's bugging me on my right arm....