Quantcast

2009 pike 327, upgrade tips?

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Just traded out my gold label for a 09 pike
I got the fork installed and it feels like poo, for a stiff dj set-up that is,
hope I didn't make a mistake changing to it.
I have it dialed down to 95mm, and it just bottoms out and clunks.
Should I try rebuilding it with a heavier wieght oil, heavier spring?
Or just sell it and get something beefier?
It only has the u-turn and rebound adjust btw.
Thanks for any help

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Well, the Pikes aren't really intended for a pure DJ use. You should have gone for an Argyle, or maybe a SoloAir Pike, but that won't help now. Maybe you could try changing the U-Turn coil for the extra-firm one, and a heavier oil, to tame the rebound.

But I insist, for a PURE DJ setup, and without going out of RockShox, try to get a 318 Argyle. The MoCo feels great, and the spring stiffness if enough for a heavy guy like me (I'm around 220 with riding gear). The Pike is a more All-Mountain oriented, sensitive fork.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Well, the Pikes aren't really intended for a pure DJ use. You should have gone for an Argyle, or maybe a SoloAir Pike, but that won't help now. Maybe you could try changing the U-Turn coil for the extra-firm one, and a heavier oil, to tame the rebound.

But I insist, for a PURE DJ setup, and without going out of RockShox, try to get a 318 Argyle. The MoCo feels great, and the spring stiffness if enough for a heavy guy like me (I'm around 220 with riding gear). The Pike is a more All-Mountain oriented, sensitive fork.
I made the mistake by not getting the solo air pike,
I was hoping that adjustability would make it better for DS racing as well
I'll try the oil I suppose and hope for the best if not then another fork

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I made the mistake by not getting the solo air pike,
I was hoping that adjustability would make it better for DS racing as well
I'll try the oil I suppose and hope for the best if not then another fork
I made same mistake with the Pike but I put in the extra heavy spring and it is like night and day. I even tried the firm but extra firm is the way to go.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
apreciate the advice, I'll def go with the extra heavy spring
what weight oil did you use? or just the stock
stock oil works fine for me and I am 185 it is on my geard mob slamed all the way down and the bike is awsome. I also have an Identiti Dr Jekyl single speed with a marz 08 4x 100mm which is not bad but I like the Pike better

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
stock oil works fine for me and I am 185 it is on my geard mob slamed all the way down and the bike is awsome. I also have an Identiti Dr Jekyl single speed with a marz 08 4x 100mm which is not bad but I like the Pike better
nice thats exactly what I looking for
what do you have the u-turn dialed to, travel wise? rebound?