Quantcast

2009 Raleigh Sneek Peek!

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Here they are for your approval. The 2009 raleigh XXIX and XXIX+G. There will also be a XXIX Deluxe, but I do not have images of that one just yet.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
You might like the Deluxe model then I Can't Drive - I think it will be well spec'd out - like really really nice - and it'll possibly be Reynolds 853 steel right GT??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
GT - is the first one - the SS - is that baby blue or sort of a Greyish blue paint scheme going on there?

That bike loses the non-suspension corrected fork eh? It looks sharp to my eyes. I dig I dig! :thumb:

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
The XXIX+G for '09 will have hydro brakes and a 185mm front rotor.

The XXIX is a grayish-green in all the photos I have. Your monitor may vary.

The unseen XXIX Deluxe will be 853 Reynolds, will have Mavic's Cr29max wheels, X-0 componentry, and other nice bits. Judging by their relationship with SRAM, I'd wager the Deluxe will have the new reba and a high end Avid hydro brake set up. Possibly Truvativ carbon bars and one of their nice stems as well.

I really like the XXIX for '09. Nice looking rig.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Yeah. That gets annoying. When I first got it the eccentric BB would always slip. Now it stays in place pretty well, but I don't think it is dead straight. The chain is loose on part of the pedal stroke and it almost binds 180 degrees around.
Loosen the chainring bolts and see if it still binds while spinning it. Sometimes it's just the chainring being the slightest bit off center and/or machined out of round. Loosening the bolts, re-adjusting the tension then tightening the bolts sometimes fixes it.

YMMV.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Well these look pretty sweet. I like the 07 graphics better but I'm glad to see Raleigh adjusting for suspension.

Any idea if the Deluxe model will be available as a frame only?
It didn't sound as if there would be a frameset. However, that could change if demand is there for it.